Occupational Therapist

Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

klr710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Occupational Therapist

How can I get a Pediatric Occupational Therapy job overseas? Working in school systems or clinic? What's it like? How long does it take? Share your questions, answers, hints and tips with others in the Occupational Therapy field.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

ZIMUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Occupational Therapist

Hi,
I am British OT managing a community team of health professionals. We have many Australian OTs in the UK working as locums for agencies. I think it may be difficult for US OTs to work here as I don't know of a reciprocal agreement, it may be worth contacting the British Embassy.Otherwise I suggest you consider going to ? American Virgin Islands or volunteer with VSO. VSO desperately need OTs to work in Africa, India and Japan. One of my friends went to Tokyo recently and worked with under 15 drug addicts, and feels the experience was invaluable.
Good luck to you.