Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Nursery nurse (Gold coast)query

Nursery nurse (Gold coast)query

Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

dondotone will become famous soon enoughdondotone will become famous soon enough
Question Nursery nurse (Gold coast)query

Hi,

Hope someone out there can offer me some insight. My OH and I are currently in the process of applying to migrate to The Gold Coast (Aus) from the UK. I am getting more than a little scared. :scared:

I currently work as a Childrens Nursery Manager for 0-5yr olds (but I specialize in 0-2's care), I am qualified to level 4 and am in the process of completing a childhood studies degree. I am just wondering whether there is work in early years (preschool/babycare).

I want to take a step back and work as a nursery nurse (hopefully fulltime). Whats the pay like? Are there many jobs? Is it easy to get jobs? Are my qualifications and experience transferrable? Are Uk childcare profs' well received?
Any info given will be gratefully received!!!! Please help me stop Panicking that I am not gonna be able to afford to eat!!!!

Dondotone:scared: