I've heard a rumour!!

Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all
Default Re: I've heard a rumour!!

Little Bear if you're stuck for a model, I will do it for you, but it has to be before mid May as I am leaving for Tas then.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag
Little Bear if you're stuck for a model, I will do it for you, but it has to be before mid May as I am leaving for Tas then.
hi Teabag,

we are still to meet you, us gals from the rockingham meet last week!!!! surely your not shy?? what date are you off to Taz,is it permanent or are you returning? i don't think my call up for exams/models will be for another couple of months but appreciate the offer, if we don't see you before, best of luck in Tas and see you soon-maybe???

cheers

little bear x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by little bear
hi Teabag,

we are still to meet you, us gals from the rockingham meet last week!!!! surely your not shy?? what date are you off to Taz,is it permanent or are you returning? i don't think my call up for exams/models will be for another couple of months but appreciate the offer, if we don't see you before, best of luck in Tas and see you soon-maybe???

cheers

little bear x

I guess I am a bit shy! Plus I am running around mad getting packed. Yes it is a permanent move.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I am a bit shy! Plus I am running around mad getting packed. Yes it is a permanent move.
shame we didn't get to meet you, hope all goes well for you, keep us posted pl

little bear x
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi chatty,

sorry its been a while, the time had just whizzed by!!!! anyway i thought i would let you know how its all going now-have finally managed to get some money out of the salon i did a weeks work for, allbeit alot less than i had calculated but after 3 phone calls i was sort of expecting to be stitched up once i have banked the cheque and its cleared, i will then get in contact again for a payslip!!! as they have chosen to omit that so far!

right, there was a job advertised in our local paper last Wed for a new salon opening in May, i called at 7pm that night and left a message in the mobile number, she called me back at 8 the next morning and we met up at midday for a chat, its a partnership-the non hairdressing lady already owns 2 salons locally (warnbro & mandurah) and the hairdressing partner has been running the warnbro one but wanted to open her own, so they have decided to open this new one in the new Baldivis shopping center. I have got to do a trade test this thurs and my neighbour is going to be my model for me, there is also another guy who will be working there and we are all from the same area in the UK (within approx 30mile radius) and my proposed boss has said not to worry about the registration as they will help me with all that, so thats great, she seems really nice and we are on the same wave length, she has been here 6 yrs and said she had a similar experience to me in the first salon she worked in and only stayed a week too, annyway, i will let you know how i get on,

cheers

little bear x
Yippee, i got the Job

little bear x
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations!!!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations!!!
ahh ta very much
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

oh yes, and while i think of it, i called the Hairdressing Registration Board today to ask about something and was told that you can apply for a Principal/combination catagory and will NOT have to do the face shave part-------today really is going right for me

hope this helps anyone who was stressing (like me) about the mens/face shave part. or maybe it WAS just me stressing about it
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:00 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

oh yes, and while i think of it, i called the Hairdressing Registration Board today to ask about something and was told that you can apply for a Principal/combination catagory and will NOT have to do the face shave part-------today really is going right for me

hope this helps anyone who was stressing (like me) about the mens/face shave part. or maybe it WAS just me stressing about it
hi little bear
just reading through your messages, (I'm completely new to this hubby on here all the time!) but had to reply when you said about face shaving. You are not the only one worried about that I am very relieved you don't have to do it!
Congrats on getting the job. Hope it all goes ok.

Sharon
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The_Effys
hi little bear
just reading through your messages, (I'm completely new to this hubby on here all the time!) but had to reply when you said about face shaving. You are not the only one worried about that I am very relieved you don't have to do it!
Congrats on getting the job. Hope it all goes ok.

Sharon
it would have been another episode of Sweeney Todd if i had to do it

i also see your from MK, we were in Stoke Mandeville, but used to come over to Loughton to do a colour for a client i had done for about 18yrs, my boss is originally from Dunstable, and she has got a friend staying with here at the mo over from Ampthill and one of the guys i will be working with is also from MK, when are you coming over and what part of Perth you heading to?

Last edited by little bear; Apr 27th 2007 at 6:10 am.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:03 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

We are aiming for Sept but have not got visa yet! Have just sent of meds and police checks. House sale fell through just before easter :curse: but have sold again. Are hoping to settle in or around Mandurah as OH is a train driver and hoping to get work at the new depot. We live in Bletchley, but used to live opposite loughton in shenley church end. I have been running my own business now for about 18 months but have been doing some of my clients hair for years. I was teaching hairdressing before that but it seemed to make getting visa difficult as my hours varied so much.
How did the trades test go? hope it was ok Its good to see that there are jobs out there.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

sarah24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi chatty,

sorry its been a while, the time had just whizzed by!!!! anyway i thought i would let you know how its all going now-have finally managed to get some money out of the salon i did a weeks work for, allbeit alot less than i had calculated but after 3 phone calls i was sort of expecting to be stitched up once i have banked the cheque and its cleared, i will then get in contact again for a payslip!!! as they have chosen to omit that so far!

right, there was a job advertised in our local paper last Wed for a new salon opening in May, i called at 7pm that night and left a message in the mobile number, she called me back at 8 the next morning and we met up at midday for a chat, its a partnership-the non hairdressing lady already owns 2 salons locally (warnbro & mandurah) and the hairdressing partner has been running the warnbro one but wanted to open her own, so they have decided to open this new one in the new Baldivis shopping center. I have got to do a trade test this thurs and my neighbour is going to be my model for me, there is also another guy who will be working there and we are all from the same area in the UK (within approx 30mile radius) and my proposed boss has said not to worry about the registration as they will help me with all that, so thats great, she seems really nice and we are on the same wave length, she has been here 6 yrs and said she had a similar experience to me in the first salon she worked in and only stayed a week too, annyway, i will let you know how i get on,

cheers

little bear x
I have just read through your storys hope all is going well.
As you have been out there for a yr i was woundering if you could advise me.
Im 24 and wanting to come over to oz at the end of feb 08 to work in a salon. I can get excepted for a skilled visa but think it will take 9 months to process which is too long really. so do i just go for a working visa which allows 3 months working in one place and hopefully get sponsorship as i would like to stay over there, if i find a nice salon.
Im torn and running out of time i have nvq level 3 city and guilds.
hope to hear from you
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough

it would have been another episode of Sweeney Todd if i had to do it

i also see your from MK, we were in Stoke Mandeville, but used to come over to Loughton to do a colour for a client i had done for about 18yrs, my boss is originally from Dunstable, and she has got a friend staying with here at the mo over from Ampthill and one of the guys i will be working with is also from MK, when are you coming over and what part of Perth you heading to?
hi little bear... thinking of settling in and around rockingham.. i see you live in warnbro... any advice... are there plenty of good salons there... is it a good place to live... was there last week and loved it..!!! thanks
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarah24
I have just read through your storys hope all is going well.
As you have been out there for a yr i was woundering if you could advise me.
Im 24 and wanting to come over to oz at the end of feb 08 to work in a salon. I can get excepted for a skilled visa but think it will take 9 months to process which is too long really. so do i just go for a working visa which allows 3 months working in one place and hopefully get sponsorship as i would like to stay over there, if i find a nice salon.
Im torn and running out of time i have nvq level 3 city and guilds.
hope to hear from you
Hi there,

sorry for such a delayed repy (i'm not a very consistent member) to be honest i'm not sure what route the best one would be for you, i would think a migration agent would be the best to advise on timescales and possibilties, hope you get over here asap

cheers

little bear x
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chatty66
hi little bear... thinking of settling in and around rockingham.. i see you live in warnbro... any advice... are there plenty of good salons there... is it a good place to live... was there last week and loved it..!!! thanks
Hi chatty66,

again.....apologies for the delayed reply!!!!!! its really difficult to advise on an area without someone jumping in and slating it off, all i can say is yes, there are alot of salons- good and not so good, around here, we live right by the most amazing beach and we have had no issues PERSONALLY as far as crime etc goes, my kids are all very happy in their schools and have plenty to do around here with easy access to Mandurah, Freo etc- all i can say is go with your own gut feeling and ignore the 'my suburb is the best' posters,

cheers

little bear x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.