help please

Old Jan 31st 2007, 4:00 pm
toni

tonihaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help please

my wife is a qualified hairdresser and has been for 3 years she starting training off her own back and worked in the college salon for 2 years prior which is open to the public, but ive heard she is not eligible to apply until 2009 because she didnt train as an apprentice, so can anyone confirm if this is true and if it is then is there any other visa we coiuld apply for?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice
Default Re: help please

Originally Posted by tonihaz
my wife is a qualified hairdresser and has been for 3 years she starting training off her own back and worked in the college salon for 2 years prior which is open to the public, but ive heard she is not eligible to apply until 2009 because she didnt train as an apprentice, so can anyone confirm if this is true and if it is then is there any other visa we coiuld apply for?
Hi, because my apprenticeship contract was worthless and I have no qualifications, my positive TRA assessment was assessed on 6/13 years I worked in the salon, so I had to show 6 years of transistion evidence, so basically 3 years of training and 3 years of experience.
Does that make sense?
Christina
Old Jan 31st 2007, 4:15 pm
toni

so what your saying is that my wife could make up the 6 years with 3 years training and 3 years experience is that right and you definately need 6 years?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

so what your saying is that my wife could make up the 6 years with 3 years training and 3 years experience is that right and you definately need 6 years?
All I can be sure on is, if you have no qualifications or apprenticeship then TRA assess you on "on the job" experience which you need 6 years of, that is what I got passed on, if you look at TRA uniform criteria you will see the different pathways, I was assessed and passed on pathway D.

Christina
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

TRA are usually looking for a certificate, which I couldnt provide because I did an apprenticeship with a large company and as they are a law unto themselves 'dont offer certificates'
I got around this by joining the hairdressing council of Britain as they send you out a certificate saying that you are a national state registered hairdresser, and that seemed to satisfy them.
Where in the country are you based?

Louise
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:09 pm
toni

i am based in chester and have got certificates nvq level 1,2 and 3 in hairdressing im more then qualified but they said i needed an apprenticeship
Old Feb 1st 2007, 6:44 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Toni,

The rules are all pretty clearly stated in the TRA "Uniform Assessment Criteria" which you can read here: http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...ia4Oct2006.pdf Basically there are five pathways set out in the table at para 8 and you need to choose the best one - it's only pathway D which would require six years' work experience. What Louise and Christina are mentioning are possible ways of proving the "skill level transition" in pathway D.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:01 pm
toni

thank you for your email and link
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

i am based in chester and have got certificates nvq level 1,2 and 3 in hairdressing im more then qualified but they said i needed an apprenticeship
Hya Tonihaz
Im not understanding any of this because you are more qualified than I am as you have nvq level 3!! I understood that as I had an apprenticeship I was at a disadvantage and had to show 6 years work as I didnt have a 'certificate'
Best of luck - Im sorry I couldnt help much more but if you need any more info if I can help I will, just let me know

Louise
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:59 pm
toni

so do u think i could be passed with the qualifications and is it worth me joining the coucil of britain too and would this help a lot? how much does it cost for an assessment?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:00 pm
toni

do u think its worth me trying the assessment and joining the council also ?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:05 pm
toni

Originally Posted by Louiselondon
Hya Tonihaz
Im not understanding any of this because you are more qualified than I am as you have nvq level 3!! I understood that as I had an apprenticeship I was at a disadvantage and had to show 6 years work as I didnt have a 'certificate'
Best of luck - Im sorry I couldnt help much more but if you need any more info if I can help I will, just let me know

Louise
hi loise, do u think its worth me trying the assessment and /or joing the council and how much does it cost to get assessed?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:08 pm
toni

hiya louise, do u think its worth me trying the assessment? joining the council ? and how much does it cost for the assessment? im new to all this and trying to get my head around it lol
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:19 pm
toni

so do u think i could be passed with the qualifications and is it worth me joining the coucil of britain too and would this help a lot? how much does it cost for an assessment?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably a good idea to get some professional advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.