Hairdressing Jobs

Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:43 am
tedeschicat

tedeschicat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hairdressing Jobs

Hi All.
We will be coming out to activate our visa's in June and are heading for Brisbane. Does anyone know of any salons looking for hairdressers?
Thanks
Cheryl
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Traykolaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdressing Jobs

Hi, i have been looking at seek job search, you could apply on their,could you help me, by telling me how much experience you need after completing the hairdressing course, some say 7months some say 12.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:25 pm
tedeschicat

Originally Posted by Traykolaj
Hi, i have been looking at seek job search, you could apply on their,could you help me, by telling me how much experience you need after completing the hairdressing course, some say 7months some say 12.
I have been a qualified hairdresser since the age of 17 now 31. You need to be working for 12 months before your skills are handed in and with the work experience I was told it had to be more than 6 years!

Hope that helps a little.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Does that mean after i have had 12months experience in hairdressing i can apply
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:47 pm
tedeschicat

Originally Posted by Traykolaj
Does that mean after i have had 12months experience in hairdressing i can apply
Ithink you need alot more than that. I'm sure I was told that you could apply if you were working for 12 months or more with applying for your skills but you do have to have experience. I would go with an agent. We went with global9, they are in oz they are happy to answer any questions you have and also they will tell you what you need to know!
If you want their email address just pm me.
Hope that helps.
Cheryl
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know what pm means, because im new to this, but please can i have that email address, im going to australia in july for a month to see my sister,we are going to see an immigration lawyer when we get their, but i would like to get as much info as possible
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
My wife and I moved here 12 weeks ago and you dont need to worry about finding jobs in brissie for hairdressers they are ten a penny try Bossy hair check out their web site at bossyhair.com.au but a word of warning the wages are crap you may work a 40hr week for take home of just under$500 that is $100 less than you get for working in a call center with less hastle. They give bonus of 40% if you earn more than $2000 per week and it can be done the wife has done it twice in the last month and only missed out on the others due to holidays. Also beware senior stylist here is not the same as the uk senior just means qualified and not a junior, my wife took the job as a senior and thats the starting level now she is moving to style director soon the next step up. Good luck
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:27 pm
x-Wanna Be In Aussiland-x

samonster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tedeschicat
Ithink you need alot more than that. I'm sure I was told that you could apply if you were working for 12 months or more with applying for your skills but you do have to have experience. I would go with an agent. We went with global9, they are in oz they are happy to answer any questions you have and also they will tell you what you need to know!
If you want their email address just pm me.
Hope that helps.
Cheryl
Hey im 17 and studyin hairdressing at college. We are waiting to see if we have been granetd our visas, my family and i. I hopefully will finish my course in october this year. But does it mean i'll have to take a test or something when i get over there??? plz help ...
x-x sammii x-x
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

If you are going to Perth - WA, you will need to register with the Hairdressers Registration Board by sitting a test there (Theory + Practical).

Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:41 pm
x-Wanna Be In Aussiland-x

samonster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by olauf
If you are going to Perth - WA, you will need to register with the Hairdressers Registration Board by sitting a test there (Theory + Practical).

Ye we will be goin to perth .. more test.. arghhh lol
Old May 8th 2007, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

VERITY110 is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya its verity here im 17 and am starting hairdressing in sept.just wondering if there any apprentices or jobs going.thanks x