hairdressing course!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

kellymarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hairdressing course!

hello, my mum is thinking about doing a hairdressing course in queensland. if anyone can give any info as to what it is she has to do? and how much it will cost her over there? thanks
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

hinx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hairdressing course!

Originally Posted by kellymarie
hello, my mum is thinking about doing a hairdressing course in queensland. if anyone can give any info as to what it is she has to do? and how much it will cost her over there? thanks
hi have a look at brisbane school of hairdressing and there is one on the gold coast aswell
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hinx
hi have a look at brisbane school of hairdressing and there is one on the gold coast aswell
I was going to suggest the same, to be honest its the only one I know, I think theres a branch in Sunshine Coast too.
Good Luck
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Sarah_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There, i recently completed a hairdressing course with Open Study College, it went really well! I passed my course and they were really helpful!

Here is a link: Hairdressing Home Learning Courses

Hope it all works out!
Sarah
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Michang is an unknown quantity at this point

You can obtain Certificate III hairdresser courses in Queensland Australia from TAFE (Sunshine Coast), Brishair and AWH both in Brisbane.

I had a look at the webpage of Open study college (UK based) and it states that you do not need prior experience and the course for Cert III takes 100 hours. I am wondering how this relates to the other courses I found where you need to go to school for 3 days a week for a year in order to get the Certificate III.
I also read that if you do not have an Australian certificate you will need something like 6 years of experience. So I'm not sure this is the fastest way if you want to migrate to Australia.