Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

hairdressing in australia

hairdressing in australia

Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: hairdressing in australia

check out salonscout.com.au hope this helps and good luck.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:00 pm
tedeschicat

tedeschicat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandrew
check out salonscout.com.au hope this helps and good luck.
Thanks I will check it out.. It just seems so impossible as we are still over here.. But thank you for your advice.
Cheryl
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:46 am
Can't wait to be in OZ

samladams is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: hairdressing in australia

Hi everyone,always wanted to emigrate to oz but never had qualifications needed in hairdressing as only done 2 yrs training when left school long time ago (just approaching 38yrs)but would like to train again in oz,is there any hairdressers that would sponsor me as a trainee in oz to come over and possibly stay,hope their is someone out there to help.thanks.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Hello i do not know if any one can help me . we moved out here 2 years ago from uk i went to college part time and did my first year of hairdressing at lancaster college i was hoping someone can help me with what i have to do now to get back in to hairdressing. i should of firsted the course but i get very worrried about the exames with me being dexlice (sorry can not spell it ) Some people now me on here form us being on at the beginging.
I am finding it very hard finding work so all i have is my hairdressing 1 in the uk .

thank you for your help .

annmarie barber
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

kellymarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by captaingriff
Hi guys im new to this but have been recommended by many.
I have been in oz a couple of years and love it,however iv owned my own salon since arriving as i was a hairdressing teacher in the uk. I vowed when i came here that we were going to have an easier life but iv managed to be sucked in to working full time (i just dont know how it happened). Anyway im thinking of selling the salon to get more time with the family, i want to be a mum again, i have to say my own clientelle of which im booked every day are awsome they are really great people and can you believe 50% of them are english amazing i thought. Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and of course if there are any great cutters out there please yell coz your hard to find.
cheers
hi, im looking at coming out very soon, maybe a year or two, just get some pennies behind me first, im coming out with my partner and my daughter of 5yrs. what do i have to do to get work over there, thinking about popping out for a hol next year, but have decided its where i want to live! i have been hairdressing for 7-8 years, been on the floor 3-4 yrs of that, obviously have more experience when i come out. is it best to have employment set up before i come for good?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

hi i found what u wrote to be interesting, like u i am also a hair & beauty teacher here in scotland and am in the last stages of getting my visa for oz. Can you tell me if there are any teaching colleges over in perth? as i would like to carry on with this line of work. i to am selling up my hair and beauty business here to go to oz as i wish for a btr lifestyle. i need as much info as i can get to make the move easier.
annkc
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help - I Want to be an OZ hairdresser

Originally Posted by Medway
Hi everyone

I have a dilema that i hope someone can help me with. I am at the very early stages of looking into the visa issues surrounding immigration to Perth. My family is migrating to Perth but because of my age, over 18, i cant be added to their visa. I believe my only option is to apply for myself on a student visa and try to work everything out so that i travel with my family when they leave for OZ. They wont leave without me! I intend to live with my family whilst doing the course and then apply for residence in my own rite etc - if that all makes sense.

Does anyone know of any hairdressing training centres/colleges etc in Perth -(huge huge places i know), that accept international students.

How much it costs?
How long the training must be for to satisfy immigration etc?
What are the academic entry requirements to enrol on a course?

If anyone has been through this situation or can help, or direct me to someone who can, please please please do.

x x x x

I cant' see why you can't be added to their visa becaise you are 18.
Provided you are under 23 and you can prove you are dependent of your parents, this should not be a problem.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

My daughter is 21 and is coming on our permanent residency visa that we have applied for as she is a full time student nurse and is fiancially dependant on me and her dad, if u want to go on your parents permanent visa u have to prove the same. if u go on an international student visa then you will have to pay for all of your tuition, books etc i found this out as i needed to know as my daughter is a student. the colleges in and around perth are -( if you put into google ) tafewa - it will come up with swan tafe and challenger tafe these are the 2 biggest techs , there is also a private one called taylor weir school of hairdressing. I hope this is of some help to you.
annkc
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Hello Ann

I guess we are about the same age as i will turn 45 soon and i am also expected to get my visa sometime in April/may or earlier or later depending on our C.O.
My daughter is age 20 and she is on our application.
Have you been able to find out if it is easy/difficult to get jobs or would you stick to teaching hairdressing - beauty therapy.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am 39yrs of age, had my daughter early! was at an immigration seminar in Edinburgh and i spoke with someone who works for the Australian government, he told me about the techs etc and that they are in need of teachers in my trade. so i am not sure if i will get a job doing this or not but its what i still want to do, it's what i am comfortable with. If i have to change my profession then i will, but at the moment i don't see a problem. Maybe as time gets closer to us moving, then i might start to worry about not having a job lined up.
annkc
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by annkc
I am 39yrs of age, had my daughter early! was at an immigration seminar in Edinburgh and i spoke with someone who works for the Australian government, he told me about the techs etc and that they are in need of teachers in my trade. so i am not sure if i will get a job doing this or not but its what i still want to do, it's what i am comfortable with. If i have to change my profession then i will, but at the moment i don't see a problem. Maybe as time gets closer to us moving, then i might start to worry about not having a job lined up.
annkc

Hi Ann
That's correct - You still have some time to explore all possibilities and i'm sure you will be able to do somethng that you are really comfortable with.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:50 am
Just Joined

evec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi would you be interested in sponsoring me?? I could be there in 6 weeks! Have 25yrs experience, owned my own salon, worked all over the world on Cruise Ships for Steiner. I'm the one for you!! My hubbys a painter & we've a daughter (6), & we want to go To Brisbane so much, but the vias thing takes too long,thats why we're looking for a sponsor!
Can you or anyone you know help?????????
Thanks
Lorraine.
P.S. Please reply either way.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

newmrsinchley is an unknown quantity at this point

[hi i am new to this.
i could really do with some information. we are coming to australia to spend twelve months maybe more. husband has got a job, my dad is a citizan and want to spend some time with him. i am just about to finish my nvq level 2 in hairdressing and will need to find a job over there dont know what posistion would be best suited to me. have done two years at college f/t and saturdays in a salon. i am late at starting this am 28 and worked really hard to make this work, with 2 kids and all. they seem to have level 1,2,3 and4 apprenticships dont want to be out of my depth i still need plenty of training even when i qualify.help me please.
seems like you have all got loads of experiance.
thanks
shell.

QUOTE=captaingriff;3212468]Hi guys im new to this but have been recommended by many.
I have been in oz a couple of years and love it,however iv owned my own salon since arriving as i was a hairdressing teacher in the uk. I vowed when i came here that we were going to have an easier life but iv managed to be sucked in to working full time (i just dont know how it happened). Anyway im thinking of selling the salon to get more time with the family, i want to be a mum again, i have to say my own clientelle of which im booked every day are awsome they are really great people and can you believe 50% of them are english amazing i thought. Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and of course if there are any great cutters out there please yell coz your hard to find.
cheers[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:23 pm
captain

captaingriff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newmrsinchley
[hi i am new to this.
i could really do with some information. we are coming to australia to spend twelve months maybe more. husband has got a job, my dad is a citizan and want to spend some time with him. i am just about to finish my nvq level 2 in hairdressing and will need to find a job over there dont know what posistion would be best suited to me. have done two years at college f/t and saturdays in a salon. i am late at starting this am 28 and worked really hard to make this work, with 2 kids and all. they seem to have level 1,2,3 and4 apprenticships dont want to be out of my depth i still need plenty of training even when i qualify.help me please.
seems like you have all got loads of experiance.
thanks
shell.

QUOTE=captaingriff;3212468]Hi guys im new to this but have been recommended by many.
cheers
[/QUOTE]

Hi shell
You will get a job as a stylist here just have faith in yourself you will be fine where are you doing your training now? I know you come out of college as a junior stylist but youll do a great job here youll get work no problem. where are you coming to in oz?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:57 am
Just Joined

tammy t is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: hairdressing in australia

I am a hairdresser in US,would love to talk with you on how I am transitioning out of 30 yrs in hair and keeping my salary!Tammy T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.