Reload this Page >

Getting a job in Barbados

Getting a job in Barbados

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

IkklePiranha is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Getting a job in Barbados

Hello all!! - copy of a thread in the "Rest of World Forum" - thanks

I stumbled happily upon this site while trying to figure out how I could get myself across to Barbados!
I've been visiting the wonderful isle for 6 years now, i'm pretty immersed in local culture, having several friends there (and an ex-fiancee!) and really exploring the place while there, not just sticking to the tourist routes. My parents also have two studio apartments in Holetown, which helps!

After my most recent trip I've realised how much I want to settle down there for a while. Possibly indefinitely. My main problem being that i'm very short of money. My benefits being that i'm young, not tied-down, employable (skilled in several areas, i think/hope!) and flexible.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any job opportunities for a young girl, which I could access from the UK (I can't visit again until at least March!)?

I have worked in several bars+gastropubs, the world's busiest Starbucks store, I am currently a case coordinator for the Probation service in Surrey and have done other office-based jobs. Plus i'm a fast learner. I was hoping someone here might know of an opportunity, or where to look.

While my friends on the Island will be able to find me some positions, I know the ex-pat population will have different opportunities that may be more appropriate to the work experience I've had in the UK.

And if I do find a job - i then need to think about accommodation! I just want a nice little chattel house somewhere out the way. Possibly St.Lucy. Or Risk Road, where my friends are! But that's a whole other ball game!

I look forward to your responses and and help!

Thanks, Caroline