Reload this Page >

February visit to US - Looking for Contacts

February visit to US - Looking for Contacts

Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:16 am
Just Joined

dreadybarber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default February visit to US - Looking for Contacts

Hi ,
My wife and i are coming to Florida for the month of February in the eventual hope of immigrating.
We are both hairdressers / barbers and are in dire need of some contacts over there .
Currently we are looking for a short term rental for that month so if anyone can put us onto a letting agent who can accomodate us or someone renting out it will be gratefully received !!
many thanks,
Lee
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: February visit

Originally Posted by dreadybarber
Hi ,
My wife and i are coming to Florida for the month of February in the eventual hope of immigrating.
We are both hairdressers / barbers and are in dire need of some contacts over there .
Currently we are looking for a short term rental for that month so if anyone can put us onto a letting agent who can accomodate us or someone renting out it will be gratefully received !!
many thanks,
Lee
Whereabouts in Florida? It's such a big place it might be helpful if you could specify an area, and also tell people your visa status, do you already have that sorted?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:04 am
Just Joined

We will be coming over on a holiday visa for february and are looking at situating ourselves in either Tampa or Orlando .
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We will be coming over on a holiday visa for february and are looking at situating ourselves in either Tampa or Orlando .
OK, hopefully the good folks in those areas will be able to point you in the right direction.

What about a visa to move with, do you have that sorted? It's just that as the US is notorious as the hardest country to move to, it's the first thing you'll need to have sorted and therefore the first thing forum members will ask you about, so you might want to let people know your visa status for working in FL.

Good luck.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:26 am
Just Joined

we're hoping the stay over there for the month of february will decide for us if the move is for us then we will look into working visa's like the l1 visa.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

we're hoping the stay over there for the month of february will decide for us if the move is for us then we will look into working visa's like the l1 visa.
Can I make a suggestion? Can I suggest that you post in the US immigration forum (here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34) and the pros there will be able to tell you if you would have a shot at a working visa. I don't want to be negative, but as so few people qualify for immigration to the US that I'd suggest you look in to that as your first step, before spending money on a month's trip that may be wasted (or setting your heart on something that isn't possible). It will also make a difference as to what you look at whilst there i.e. the L1 visa you'll presumably be speaking to your company about a transfer etc.

Hopefully, once the good people of that forum have pointed you in the right direction, you can then enjoy February and know which visa you are aiming for.

Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Default Re: February visit to US - Looking for Contacts

Just out of interest, how did your month over there go?