Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Desperate Clients in Canada

Desperate Clients in Canada

Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Desperate Clients in Canada

Hey, guys and girls on this thread (never been here before, normally lurk in the Canada forum, so hello )

You are SO desparately needed in Canada, it's not true!

Taking a brief glance through this section shows me that most of you are all hoping to head out to Australia. Now, I have a proposition for you. I know it's a tad more chilly sometimes that Oz, but please consider the land of the Maple Leaf, at least for a nano-second - the expats are united - it's desparate times, all over Canada, they are truly sad in the head-elegance stakes. There just ain't none !!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438070

Ok, I know begging is normally beneath me, but hey, pride out the window - WE NEED YOU !!

And just think, instead of hitting the beach on your day off, you could go ski-ing instead ...

Ok - well , just a thought, thanks for listening anyway (slopes off quietly, with head hung low, back to the Canada forum, bye, thanks anyway, bye, bye )
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:11 am
Just Joined

andypandy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperate Clients in Canada

Originally Posted by ann m
Hey, guys and girls on this thread (never been here before, normally lurk in the Canada forum, so hello )

You are SO desparately needed in Canada, it's not true!

Taking a brief glance through this section shows me that most of you are all hoping to head out to Australia. Now, I have a proposition for you. I know it's a tad more chilly sometimes that Oz, but please consider the land of the Maple Leaf, at least for a nano-second - the expats are united - it's desparate times, all over Canada, they are truly sad in the head-elegance stakes. There just ain't none !!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438070

Ok, I know begging is normally beneath me, but hey, pride out the window - WE NEED YOU !!

And just think, instead of hitting the beach on your day off, you could go ski-ing instead ...

Ok - well , just a thought, thanks for listening anyway (slopes off quietly, with head hung low, back to the Canada forum, bye, thanks anyway, bye, bye )
hi my wife and i are wanting to move out of the uk,
you say there is a need for hairdressers in canada, could you tell me what sort of wage you would get
thanks
andy
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

gazrc is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
my mum wants to move out to canada asap. what would the chances of a 45 yr old hairdresser with more than 10 years experience be?
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi andypandy123 and gazrc.

My original post in May was a desperate cry for help. Unfortunately I am not a hairdresser and cannot answer your specific questions.

However, if you would like to re-post a similar question in the Canada forum, then someone else may be able to help you out (that's after they all jump on you and start begging for you to come out to Canada also - we have no shame )

Seriously, there are worst places in the world to go !
Old Aug 26th 2007, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gazrc
hi
my mum wants to move out to canada asap. what would the chances of a 45 yr old hairdresser with more than 10 years experience be?

Hi
She would definitely get a job over here. She could apply as skilled worker. see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp

She probably wouldn't get sponsored though she'd have to sit in the queue 3-5 years. Depending on what province you plan to live in, in Canada, you have to have a licence to work as well. Here in Alberta obtaining a licence means taking an exam.

Hth Jo xx
Old Aug 26th 2007, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andypandy123
hi my wife and i are wanting to move out of the uk,
you say there is a need for hairdressers in canada, could you tell me what sort of wage you would get
thanks
andy
I don't know for sure but i would think they'd be comparable to the UK. Depending on what type of salon you worked in.

Hth Jo xx
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
just thought I would look at this thread as I was once a happy hairdresser in UK for 18 years.
But what happened, I hear you ask, well, one day husband had A longing for Canada, rush forward 5 years(2 years to apply and 3 years here)and here we are in Ontario.
Never seen so many salons in my life and would I work the hours they work and for that money, I think not. But wait boredom has set in (and Ann, we will be relocating to Calgary in feb)hairdressing seems the answer. So if anyone is looking for a good old english hairdresser and is willing to put up with the fact that i still sound english then look no further.
Denise
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
Never seen so many salons in my life and would I work the hours they work and for that money, I think not.

That seems typical in so many professions now - very long opening hours !!

But wait boredom has set in (and Ann, we will be relocating to Calgary in feb)hairdressing seems the answer.

So if anyone is looking for a good old english hairdresser and is willing to put up with the fact that i still sound english then look no further.

Denise