commis chef and cdp

Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

atul2278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default commis chef and cdp

hello all , i m a chef (cdp ) now . i am having a 3 year diploma in hotel management and experience of aroun 5 years . form which 2yr and six monts as commis and 2 yrs and six monts as chef de partie. am i eligibe for imigrate , shoult i send my document to tra or not .pls hels me wht to do . is it ok to make on letter head just change my post .i worked as commis but to put cdp there .
pls help me
r they going to check old references
pls mail me thanks
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all
Default Re: commis chef and cdp

Originally Posted by atul2278
hello all , i m a chef (cdp ) now . i am having a 3 year diploma in hotel management and experience of aroun 5 years . form which 2yr and six monts as commis and 2 yrs and six monts as chef de partie. am i eligibe for imigrate , shoult i send my document to tra or not .pls hels me wht to do . is it ok to make on letter head just change my post .i worked as commis but to put cdp there .
pls help me
r they going to check old references
pls mail me thanks
You cannot be successful with TRA as a Chef ASCO 3322-11. The relevant TRA classification for you is Cook ASCO 4513-11. The technical detail of this is a bit complex, you'll just have to take my word for it. However, depending on the nature and content of your Diploma in Hotel Management course, you might need another 1 year experience before you can be successful with TRA as a Cook.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

atul2278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: commis chef and cdp

Originally Posted by Glenn Newton
You cannot be successful with TRA as a Chef ASCO 3322-11. The relevant TRA classification for you is Cook ASCO 4513-11. The technical detail of this is a bit complex, you'll just have to take my word for it. However, depending on the nature and content of your Diploma in Hotel Management course, you might need another 1 year experience before you can be successful with TRA as a Cook.

thanks glenn,
is it not that TRA is going to count my experience of commis and cdp all together which become about 5 yrs plus my3 diploma in hotel management , ,
coz for chef tra counts ur related qualification plus 3 years of experience as chef . i have related qualification i m sure about that but not 3 yrs experience (cdp) which is only 32 months ., but i have commis like cook experience of about 26 months , so is tht commis cook experience they r not going to count for me , pls find out
thanks