Reload this Page >

Clients who are habitualy late!

Clients who are habitualy late!

Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:43 pm
hairdresser_chic

Hairdresser_chic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clients who are habitualy late!

Hi

I run my own hairstyling business and am keen to hear from other stylists on "How? they control habitualy late clients". I run my business to a very tight schedule...and if one clients is up to 10 minutes late...then this just makes everyone that is booked in after them late also.

Is..."very annoying" to say the least.

cheers
Old Feb 28th 2007, 12:44 am
Just Joined

ozhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Clients who are habitualy late!

Originally Posted by Hairdresser_chic
Hi

I run my own hairstyling business and am keen to hear from other stylists on "How? they control habitualy late clients". I run my business to a very tight schedule...and if one clients is up to 10 minutes late...then this just makes everyone that is booked in after them late also.

cheers
LOL - I know what you mean. In Australia its not just hairdressers that complain about people missing appointments.

The best way I have found so far to deal with this issue is to try the "Oh no ... we didnt think you were coming in, let me see if there's anything we can do to squeeze you in" and disappear off round the back - leave the customer for half a minute by themselves to stew a little in their tardiness, then come back with good news .... "You're in luck xyz says you're a good customer so we'll move things around for you"

Usually people wont be rude enough to mess you around more than once after that.

Good Luck.

Dalma
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:21 am
hairdresser_chic

Default Re: Clients who are habitualy late!

Ive tried that one already..."doesn't work" with my clients lol.

But thanks anyway.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Clients who are habitualy late!

hi,i worked in a busy salon back 2 back clients like you, but there was a rule,that was advised to the clients if needed, that if a client was 15 mins late then they would have to be rebooked in at another app.or offer that you would be able to cut it but your assistant would have to style their hair.
if they keep being late each appointment we also booked them in the appointment book at say 11am but told them 10/15mins earlier. that worked as the difference was only about five mins that they made you run behind.
hope this may help
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 3:26 am
hairdresser_chic

Thanks for your help kjc79...I like the idea of telling them to come in few minutes earlier than their scheduled appoinment. As I work on my own...It really is annoying when they make a habit of arriving late.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

nic26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help kjc79...I like the idea of telling them to come in few minutes earlier than their scheduled appoinment. As I work on my own...It really is annoying when they make a habit of arriving late.
I always tell my clients that they are late, and then if it they do on the next appointment refuse to do them with apology. or hang a notice explaining clients who are more than 15 minutes late will lose their appointment! that way they know where they stand.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 6:26 pm
hairdresser_chic

Wink Re: Clients who are habitualy late!

Thanks Nic

Yeah I do that one too. But some clients...just never get it. They think that our day is "on hold" just for them. I had one client come in about 1/2 late...and lost his spot when a 'walk-in' took it. I couldn't beleive he'd think I'd be waiting the entire time it takes to cut his hair and expect me to still be available. Being a regular client of mine...he knows the rules and should of known better.

Thanks for your tip as it's always great to hear other hairdresser's views.

cheers
Hairdresser_chic
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:01 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough

Hi

cheers
I refuse to re book people who mess up more than once & tell them to book on the day and try to fit them in also i charge full price if i dont get 24 hours cancelation. Tell them if they are more than 10 mins late you will charge for the booking and they will need to re book. I guess it depends how good you are to call the shots and not worry about losing some clients otherwise you are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea if a client is habitually late you may lose the next customer for either making them wait or rushing them to play catchup.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:29 am
captain

captaingriff is an unknown quantity at this point

hey hi eveyone just a quick question im wondering if anyne can fill me in.
I have nvq level 3 and assessors (d32/d33) and internal verifyers (d34) and cert ed in education. does anyone know if you can RPL them to australian qualifications, because if i want to teach again,which i do, in oz they reckon iv gotta go do cert 4 in assessment in oz qualies! i have found out that they dont even have anything higher than an english level 2, and i know in qualifications iv got more qualies than oz actually have on offer does anyonne have any answers for me as i was a hairdressing teacher for 7years in uk and really want to do it here but dont want to study again for the qualification i already have???? im so frustrated
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:50 pm
hairdresser_chic

Wink Re: Clients who are habitualy late!

Hi

cheers
Hi..thanks for the tip..however I am way too busy to go out the back of the shop for a few minutes due to being on my own. I usually just get straigth to the point...and say...YOUR LATE! lol.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by captaingriff
hey hi eveyone just a quick question im wondering if anyne can fill me in.
I have nvq level 3 and assessors (d32/d33) and internal verifyers (d34) and cert ed in education. does anyone know if you can RPL them to australian qualifications, because if i want to teach again,which i do, in oz they reckon iv gotta go do cert 4 in assessment in oz qualies! i have found out that they dont even have anything higher than an english level 2, and i know in qualifications iv got more qualies than oz actually have on offer does anyonne have any answers for me as i was a hairdressing teacher for 7years in uk and really want to do it here but dont want to study again for the qualification i already have???? im so frustrated
Hi i am like you been teaching for 6 years got D32/33 and V1 done 730 cert-ed Hold NVQ 3 in hairdressing and NVQ 5 in management. i am now head of dept and thinking of carrying on with teaching when i arrive in oz but not looked into it. i am just planning on getting into a salon straight away. i have just sold both of mine ready for the off! would you mind keeping me informed of what ever you find out thanks
Carl