Chefs/wives Support...

Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chefs/wives Support...

if anyone is heading to Bunbury give me a yell coz im knackered from all the extra work
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
if anyone is heading to Bunbury give me a yell coz im knackered from all the extra work
your not the only one . im in como working my boll##### off o well we got the sun and sand
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mad.chef
your not the only one . im in como working my boll##### off o well we got the sun and sand

so long as we dont fall asleep on the sand in the sun and end up lobster red
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
so long as we dont fall asleep on the sand in the sun and end up lobster red
Hello, can anybody help us with a TRA application for a chef? How much detail do we need to write? My partner is a senior sous chef in a london restaurant his been employed for 7 years and doesn’t want to ask his employer for reference at this early stage of the application, will this be an issue? will a statutory declaration be suitable to cover this period? also do we need to get references for previous employers from 8 year ago!?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shirley78
Hello, can anybody help us with a TRA application for a chef? How much detail do we need to write? My partner is a senior sous chef in a london restaurant his been employed for 7 years and doesn’t want to ask his employer for reference at this early stage of the application, will this be an issue? will a statutory declaration be suitable to cover this period? also do we need to get references for previous employers from 8 year ago!?
hi yes you do , you have to give all the info from . every job on headed papper if you can not get this you need to do a stat declaration , these need to be in detail like how you moved up in rank what you used to cook from pans to stoves to steamers to slicers anything and everything that you used . more detail the better . do all of them like a small essay , then you need copys of all trade documents and copy them a few times get this done at magestraits court something like that and its cheap . and pay slips and get info from your national insurance this will say where you worked and dates also from the tax people get info from them also , this all helps. all i can say is keep it nice and all in order , with lots and lots of info , and proof of it all , hope this all helps , i did most of my references on there headed papper and they just signed them , i was lucky that they all said i could do this , all the best
Dave
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:38 am
Just Joined

chefdev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi there

We are actually in Aus now, but if you need any help just yell!

Claire
x
hi i would really appriciate if you can help with the cook tra statements becoz i got rejected once so i just need to know how detail i have to do the write up and it would be great if i can get an sample one of yours.my email id is [email protected]
cheers
culinary regards
dev
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

lilmis1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi me and my partner are looking to move to oz in the next year or so.. im trying to get as much info before we do...

he is the skilled one of us. a sous chef he has worked for 9 to 10 years think its a NVQ level 2
were from a small town so he's worked in restaurants and pubs..
i have bin looking at visa's but im unsure of witch one is best for us.? we have a small child also..
think he would like a a work sponsored visa but im unsure who is able to get these and how? has any from hera gon over to oz on one of them or is it best to do a working visa?

We are looking to live in Adelaide or perth?
iv bin on a few job sites and keep seeing quite a few jobs.. im i safe to assume there is plenty of work?
Does anyone know ruffly how much the wages are?

And acommodation, whats best? iv herd it can be pretty pricey to rent?
have many of u rented or brought?

thnax to anyone who can hellp

Last edited by lilmis1986; Apr 28th 2009 at 11:00 am.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lilmis1986
Hi me and my partner are looking to move to oz in the next year or so.. im trying to get as much info before we do...

he is the skilled one of us. a sous chef he has worked for 9 to 10 years think its a NVQ level 3
i have bin looking at visa's but im unsure of witch one is best for us.? we have a small child also..
think he would like a a work sponsored visa but im unsure who is able to get these and how? has any from hera gon over to oz on one of them or is it best to do a working visa?

iv bin on a few job sites and keep seeing quite a few jobs.. im i safe to assume there is plenty of work?

Hi
I moved here in November 2007 as a Chef, I am in WA. I came on a skilled independant visa which means i can work in any town, city or state I choose too adn not where i am told by a sponsored visa. I would strongly recommend doing it 'not sponsored' mainly because of the freedom it allows (imagine if you got an employer who treated you bad, or ended up living somewhere you hated - with a sponsor it is much harder to move on!) independant visa also gives you permanent residency which allows you medicare, family assist and you dont get stuck with big school fees!
Good luck. Its hard work getting here but worth it in the end
mandy
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:35 am
Just Joined

lilmis1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx soo much
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

chefdev is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am dev,applying for my tra again which got rejected once.it would be great if u can send me sample job description u know that write up part and also sample reference letters write up.i will be a great help
thanking you,
culinary regards
dev

Originally Posted by godfrey family-lets go!
Hi

Is there any chefs out there who are just starting out with the process? If so, thought we could make contact and support and give/receive advice along the way!!

Actually, I am cheffy's wife as he is always at work it is me that looks for all the info!!!

Look forward to hearing from anyone!

Sara x
Old Jul 7th 2009, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Pommy Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Is there any chefs out there who are just starting out with the process? If so, thought we could make contact and support and give/receive advice along the way!!

Actually, I am cheffy's wife as he is always at work it is me that looks for all the info!!!

Look forward to hearing from anyone!

Sara x
Hi Sara,

The best way is through getting an Australian Certificate III through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). I know a really good company that do this in the UK. This will get your TRA application processed very quickly. Also, as of the 1st July it is mandatory for the skills assessment for both temporary and permanent visas.
<<snip>>

Kind Regards,

Pommy Lee

Last edited by Sue; Jul 7th 2009 at 12:17 pm. Reason: Please do not use forum posts to tout for customers. Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lilmis1986

he is the skilled one of us. a sous chef he has worked for 9 to 10 years think its a NVQ level 2

Well you are lucky - Chefs are in massive demand in Australia - they get paid around $55,000 upto $75,000 if they can handle a busy section.

Adelaide has more cafe's per-capita than any other city in Australia. Perth is drop dead geourgeous and yes, there is demand in both areas.

Yes - it may take a little while to find the most suitable Job, but there are definatley plenty of vacancies.

$55,000 starting. But the one good thing is that you get better accommodation in Australia compared to the UK. That is why I moved in the first place!

I came from London and the rent in Australia is quite expensive, but what you get is ALLOT more. I lived in London and had a two bedroom dump and in Australia for the equivalent money I got a three bedroom house with garden 15 mins drive from the beach - well happy.

The TRA can be abit of an issue - they receive quite a few bogus applications from many countries so the honest Chefs / Cooks have a tougher time of it unfortunatley. The best way we have discovered by far is getting a Certificate III by Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can be done in the UK and we know a really good company that does this - it only takes half a day to do.

Kind Regards,

Pommy Lee
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pommy Lee
Hi Sara,

The best way is through getting an Australian Certificate III through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). I know a really good company that do this in the UK. This will get your TRA application processed very quickly. Also, as of the 1st July it is mandatory for the skills assessment for both temporary and permanent visas.

Send me a message if I can help.

Kind Regards,

Pommy Lee
Hi Pommy Lee

Thanks for that but my original post was from a couple of years ago! We are now coming up for our 2 year anniversary here lol!

Regards

Sara
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Hi Pommy Lee

Thanks for that but my original post was from a couple of years ago! We are now coming up for our 2 year anniversary here lol!

Regards

Sara
Hee! Hee! Well well done!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:25 am
Just Joined

adams family is an unknown quantity at this point

55,000-75,000 $ Where did you get the salary range from? Are you presently earning that sort of money on ozz or is it through research?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.