Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Chef work in Kamloops/Kelowna

Chef work in Kamloops/Kelowna

Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough
Default Chef work in Kamloops/Kelowna

Hi Guys we will hopefully be moving over to Canada around april of 2010, i will be seeking work in the Catering Hospitality sector were i worked as a Functions Manager for 15 years I as also a qualified Chef which i have done for the last 15 years also , any help either before or once over there would be greatly appreciated

thanx
Gaz
Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Chef work in Kamloops/Kelowna

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Hi Guys we will hopefully be moving over to Canada around april of 2010, i will be seeking work in the Catering Hospitality sector were i worked as a Functions Manager for 15 years I as also a qualified Chef which i have done for the last 15 years also , any help either before or once over there would be greatly appreciated

thanx
Gaz
I am looking for a lead cook right now, all though that's no good to you right now. Feel free to get in touch once you have landed In kamloops BTW. Good luck in your immigration process
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
I am looking for a lead cook right now, all though that's no good to you right now. Feel free to get in touch once you have landed In kamloops BTW. Good luck in your immigration process
Thanx Andy, Hopefully we will be over before next April depending on our PR situation but we are hoping to have medicals just after xmas the way the others on our timeline are getting on

I will indeed be in touch with yourself and let you know what stage we are at

Once again thanx for the post and your encouraging help from myself and my family

Gaz
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

250_Kelowna is an unknown quantity at this point

Please do not overlook Kelowna. If you've been to both Kelowna and Kamloops, you'll surely see the light. (Sorry, Kamploopians?)

Kamloops population (2009 stats) 87000 approx.
Kelowna population (2009 stats) 120000 approx.

Many, many restaurants to choose from.

Ric's grill, sturgeon hall, Cabana, Kelly O'bryans, bouchons bistro, wild apple, Joey's international, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention all of the chains like Cactus club, moxies, eastside marios, Keg, earls and so on and so on... Plus more pubs and hotels then you can shake a stick at are all in Kelowna.

What's your specialty? I could try and look up a few fax numbers for you if your interested in sending your resume to them.

Plus, in Kelowna, we have little britain specialty foods. In case you get homesick for some cakes.

J.

I hope the mods don't slap me for mentioning local eateries. I mentioned several in hopes that the original poster may get an idea for some of what we have here.