Carpentry work in Oz.

Old Jan 12th 2015, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

LukeOrmz is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Carpentry work in Oz.

Hi guys,
My names Luke im 26 from Wales. Carpenter by trade ( 8 years experience)
Basically i want to go to Oz next year, Im going to apply for a working holiday visa. My plan of attack is to travel for 8 weeks on arrival. Im aiming to do the east coast and then im hoping to pick up a carpentry job for 8 months or so.... and travel the rest of my time there.
Few questions i have which i hope someone could be so kind and take the time to answer

How easy will it be to pick up a carpentry job over there?

Should i ship some tools over? (Or if i bought basic handtools over there would that be enough as im only working for 8 months)

What sort of rate should i expect to earn?

I want to get a feel for Oz first before committing the big move which is another reason im debating whether to ship all my tools over.

Any info would be much appreciated guys!!
Kind regards
Luke
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:51 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carpentry work in Oz.

Originally Posted by LukeOrmz
Hi guys,
My names Luke im 26 from Wales. Carpenter by trade ( 8 years experience)
Basically i want to go to Oz next year, Im going to apply for a working holiday visa. My plan of attack is to travel for 8 weeks on arrival. Im aiming to do the east coast and then im hoping to pick up a carpentry job for 8 months or so.... and travel the rest of my time there.
Few questions i have which i hope someone could be so kind and take the time to answer

How easy will it be to pick up a carpentry job over there?

Should i ship some tools over? (Or if i bought basic handtools over there would that be enough as im only working for 8 months)

What sort of rate should i expect to earn?

I want to get a feel for Oz first before committing the big move which is another reason im debating whether to ship all my tools over.

Any info would be much appreciated guys!!
Kind regards
Luke
Hi Luke and welcome

As you are only coming on a working holiday I wouldn't be shipping tools over. You can put tools in hold luggage, but anything you bring you'll have to cart around with you.

What areas are you planning on heading to?