Can anyone help ?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

lian is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Can anyone help ?

Hi
I have been reading with interest everyone's posts. I am so confused as to what to do. Myself, Husband and three boys would love to come out to Australia. I have 10 years of hairdressing experience. I have City and Guilds which I gained through day release college whilst doing my apprenticeship.
The problem I have is I haven't been in a salon properly for about 5 yrs. I am not self employed but have done the odd cbd/hl here and there.
What can I do ?
Lian x
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Default Captain Griff or Lisa xxx .....

Originally Posted by lian
Hi
I have been reading with interest everyone's posts. I am so confused as to what to do. Myself, Husband and three boys would love to come out to Australia. I have 10 years of hairdressing experience. I have City and Guilds which I gained through day release college whilst doing my apprenticeship.
The problem I have is I haven't been in a salon properly for about 5 yrs. I am not self employed but have done the odd cbd/hl here and there.
What can I do ?
Lian x
Can you help???
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:12 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Captain Griff or Lisa xxx .....

Can you help???
Hi

Sorry i cannot help you with your question but thought you may get better responses by posting the thread just in the australian forum as there are quite a few hairdressers that post just in there.

Good luck and welcome x
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice
Default Re: Can anyone help ?

Hi
What can I do ?
Lian x
Hi Lian, I was in the same position, One of the basic requirements for the visa application is that you have to have recent work experience, this ranges from 6/12 months for a 134 visa or 12/18 months for other visa catergories. What I did was went self employed and have been working as a mobile hairdresser for 20+ hours a week (another requirement) and then applied after 6 months as I am trying for the 134. During that time I applied and passed the TRA stage which in all honesty took me about 3 months to get together and then about a month to get result back so that took 4 out of the 6 months. so not too bad. I haven't got my visa yet playing the waiting game now.
Hope that helped.
Christina
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Can anyone help ?

Thanks so much Issie and Christina!

Issie - I will look in the other forum - thanks for the advice!

Christina - Thanks so much ! Your advice has helped me shedloads! take care and chat again soon (probably!)