British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Working Abroad by Profession (https://britishexpats.com/forum/working-abroad-profession-73/)
-   -   Can anyone help ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/working-abroad-profession-73/can-anyone-help-432138/)

lian Mar 4th 2007 1:26 pm

Can anyone help ?

Hi
I have been reading with interest everyone's posts. I am so confused as to what to do. Myself, Husband and three boys would love to come out to Australia. I have 10 years of hairdressing experience. I have City and Guilds which I gained through day release college whilst doing my apprenticeship.
The problem I have is I haven't been in a salon properly for about 5 yrs. I am not self employed but have done the odd cbd/hl here and there.
What can I do ?
Lian x

lian Mar 5th 2007 11:58 am

Captain Griff or Lisa xxx .....

Originally Posted by lian (Post 4480576)
Hi
I have been reading with interest everyone's posts. I am so confused as to what to do. Myself, Husband and three boys would love to come out to Australia. I have 10 years of hairdressing experience. I have City and Guilds which I gained through day release college whilst doing my apprenticeship.
The problem I have is I haven't been in a salon properly for about 5 yrs. I am not self employed but have done the odd cbd/hl here and there.
What can I do ?
Lian x

Can you help???

Issie Mar 5th 2007 12:12 pm

Re: Captain Griff or Lisa xxx .....

Originally Posted by lian (Post 4484204)
Can you help???

Hi

Sorry i cannot help you with your question but thought you may get better responses by posting the thread just in the australian forum as there are quite a few hairdressers that post just in there.

Good luck and welcome x

christina225 Mar 5th 2007 12:31 pm

Re: Can anyone help ?

Originally Posted by lian (Post 4480576)
Hi
What can I do ?
Lian x

Hi Lian, I was in the same position, One of the basic requirements for the visa application is that you have to have recent work experience, this ranges from 6/12 months for a 134 visa or 12/18 months for other visa catergories. What I did was went self employed and have been working as a mobile hairdresser for 20+ hours a week (another requirement) and then applied after 6 months as I am trying for the 134. During that time I applied and passed the TRA stage which in all honesty took me about 3 months to get together and then about a month to get result back so that took 4 out of the 6 months. so not too bad. I haven't got my visa yet playing the waiting game now.
Hope that helped.
Christina

lian Mar 5th 2007 1:44 pm

Re: Can anyone help ?

Thanks so much Issie and Christina!

Issie - I will look in the other forum - thanks for the advice!

Christina - Thanks so much ! Your advice has helped me shedloads! take care and chat again soon (probably!)