Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

calling all hairdressers

calling all hairdressers

Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:35 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default calling all hairdressers

i have a question my friend is 43 recently finished 2 years hairdressing course has achieved nvq level 1 and 2 . we have done the points test assesment and she comes out with 110 points ive been told she has no chance of getting a visa to oz as she also needs 4-6 years experience in salon to apply to tra for points. is this correct ive read somewhere im sure that she only needs 12 months out of last 18 months work experience if she has nvq 1 and 2 please help if youve been in this position or know the answer
lelsey
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calling all hairdressers

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
i have a question my friend is 43 recently finished 2 years hairdressing course has achieved nvq level 1 and 2 . we have done the points test assesment and she comes out with 110 points ive been told she has no chance of getting a visa to oz as she also needs 4-6 years experience in salon to apply to tra for points. is this correct ive read somewhere im sure that she only needs 12 months out of last 18 months work experience if she has nvq 1 and 2 please help if youve been in this position or know the answer
lelsey
Sorry can't help but tell her to ring up an agent and they'll give her the answers
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:11 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

lelsey

Hi Lesley, I'm not very up on the Haidresser TRA thing but I've just been looking at the TRA website and according to this

TRA

it looks like to pass the skills assessment she would need to have worked for 5 years in the occupation. However, I'm presuming an NVQ is classed as a Vocational Traineeship? Like I say I don't really understand it and maybe a free consultation with an agent would be of use.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:43 pm

hi all,
i did try that route i emailed george lombard but still waiting a reply
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:28 am

hi all,
bump
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,
Personally I would ring, rather than email an agent. It's so much easier to speak to someone and receive your answers straight away. Do a search to get some names of agents. We used Go Matilda, they will tell you straight away whether it's worth trying to apply or not.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

lelsey
Hi Lesley

I'm preparing my TRA at the moment and using an agent. They do want 6years work experience but like a few others have said I'm sure if you give Go Matilda a call they will help you and tell you exactly whats needed, their very helpful.
Good Luck
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:53 am

thank you guys will look for their number and see what they say would love to be able to help her out she is so anxious to go.
lesley