any advice???

Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

emoore93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any advice???

Hi i'm thinking about going to aus and nz next year, i just wondered what the best thing would be work wise. Would you recommend getting sponsored but i understand you can only leave that job if another company will take it on. Or get a working holiday visa, but how easy is it to get a hairdressing job for only 3 months, which i understand is the max you can stay with one employer????? I've been hairdressing for three years but my C.V is pretty good, i trained at Vidal Sassoon and currently work for Trevor Sorbie so i have alot of technical knowledge and would be willing to help with training. Any advice would be gratefully received!!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

dolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: any advice???

Originally Posted by emoore93
Hi i'm thinking about going to aus and nz next year, i just wondered what the best thing would be work wise. Would you recommend getting sponsored but i understand you can only leave that job if another company will take it on. Or get a working holiday visa, but how easy is it to get a hairdressing job for only 3 months, which i understand is the max you can stay with one employer????? I've been hairdressing for three years but my C.V is pretty good, i trained at Vidal Sassoon and currently work for Trevor Sorbie so i have alot of technical knowledge and would be willing to help with training. Any advice would be gratefully received!!!!!
I hear there is a skill expo in london soon. You can get more info.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default Re: any advice???

Well done,what a great start to your career.!
One of the things that the aus gov do look at is experience as well as training papers,so as long as the two companies you have/do work for, have given you written certs that qualify as good as NVQ level 1+2.
I say this because the t.r.a.assessment asks for these qualifications.
If you don't have these though,don't worry cos there is an alternate route and i think it lies around the experience you have which i think is a minimum of 2 years but not sure,can you get tranfer jobs out there or are they not in oz?
Lynn
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:01 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi EM,

Actually you'd find no difficulty getting an employer judging by our clients' experiences and they'd probably want to sponsor you to stay for longer, which would get around the three months limitation reasonably quickly but tie you to working for that employer for the period of the sponsorship, which would be up to four years. So a viable plan for you would be to come here on the working holiday visa with the idea of getting sponsored when you find the right employer. I think that's preferable to going for PR at this stage since you may not have enough experience to get through TRA.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Hi Em
I am currently going through this excercise at the moment.
I have a salon in Brisbane and am sponsoring a canadian hairdresser for a temporary long stay visa which will enable her to stay for 4 yrs. During This time she can apply for permanent residency if she wants to. She is contracted to my salon for the duration of her visa. If she wishes to leave, she can find another employer to take over the sponsorship otherwise it will be cancelled and she will be required to go back to Canada.
I would be happy to do the same for you as I can nominate more than one candidate. The nomination lasts for two years so it gives a bit of leeway. If you are interested pm me .
Lisaxxx
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

emoore93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Hi Em
I am currently going through this excercise at the moment.
I have a salon in Brisbane and am sponsoring a canadian hairdresser for a temporary long stay visa which will enable her to stay for 4 yrs. During This time she can apply for permanent residency if she wants to. She is contracted to my salon for the duration of her visa. If she wishes to leave, she can find another employer to take over the sponsorship otherwise it will be cancelled and she will be required to go back to Canada.
I would be happy to do the same for you as I can nominate more than one candidate. The nomination lasts for two years so it gives a bit of leeway. If you are interested pm me .
Lisaxxx
sorry for the late reply but sometimes it wont let me log on here! Yes i would defiantly be interested in coming to work for you, not planning on coming for a few months yet because i would like to save money to travel a little first before working.Also my boyfriend will be coming with me, where would he stand with being able to get a visa or coming with mine? We read somewhere that you have to prove you have been living together for at least a year? my email is [email protected] if you could contact me there it would be easier!
speak soon, Emma x