Reload this Page >

Wanting move back to Scotland

Wanting move back to Scotland

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

strawberrywinecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting move back to Scotland

Hello,
Scotty here, I have been divorced (and happy) for over 10 years now and I would love to move back home, somewhere outside the Galsgow area.
I need a job and a flat, not shared, can anyone please give me some advice as to how I should even begin this?

Scotty.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting move back to Scotland

Originally Posted by strawberrywinecat
Hello,
Scotty here, I have been divorced (and happy) for over 10 years now and I would love to move back home, somewhere outside the Galsgow area.
I need a job and a flat, not shared, can anyone please give me some advice as to how I should even begin this?

Scotty.
Hi Scotty...welcome to BE.

I have moved your post into a thread of it's own...it gives us a better opportunity to welcome you to the site.

Where are you living at the moment and how long have you lived there? I suggest you also take a look in our Moving Back To The UK Forum. We have a great crowd of very helpful members who post in those forums...so if you post any questions you may have regarding the move home I'm sure you get some helpful replies. Also take a look in the BE Wiki.

We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides if you need help navigating your way through the many BE forums. You can find a list of our concierge's at the bottom right hand side of this forum's index page.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator...you can find the mod's name at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold print and concierges' names are in standard print.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Good luck.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Moving back to the UK forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary,
I'm just getting started in this again after 6months and it's all new to me again.

Christine.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Wanting move back to Scotland

Hi Jersey Girl,
Thanks for your help, I am living in Toronto right now, about March I would like to move back home, I have been here since '74 and sooooo homesick.

Christine.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey Girl,
Thanks for your help, I am living in Toronto right now, about March I would like to move back home, I have been here since '74 and sooooo homesick.

Christine.
Snap...I'm in Toronto right now. Although I enjoy my stays in T.O...it's not home. Nearly 40 years...wow that's a long time. I left the UK 15 years ago to move to the US.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Wanting move back to Scotland

I am so scared at the thought of moving back myself but I no long want to live in Canada, I miss being able to talk to anyone and they answer back without giving me a blank stare.

They don't have a sense of humour, many times I have cracked up at something and friends ask, "Are you okay".

Christine.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Yep, I have been here nearly 40 years too, 1974, WOW, I just calculated 37 years, when did you come over, we just got married the year before.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yep, I have been here nearly 40 years too, 1974, WOW, I just calculated 37 years, when did you come over, we just got married the year before.
We moved to the US (New Jersey) 15 years ago...but we spend quite a bit of time in T.O.