Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

US Cit missing my husband

US Cit missing my husband

Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:04 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice
Default US Cit missing my husband

I am an American born US citizen and my husband is a UK'er and we have i129f and i130 in process for the K3. We were married in July in the UK.

Just waiting and waiting. He was here on our post-honeymoon, but is back in the UK. We want that process complete already because I miss him so much.

Even worse, the dog has turned against me, she last saw my husband as he hugged her, I took him to the airport, and now he's gone. Obviously, in her doggy brain, this is what I'll do to her. She was my dog, but now she's his. Traitor! lol

Anyway, we really hope this is a 5 month process, but another 6 months separation is going to make us suffer. I hate not having him here, the house is empty without him, and the bed is so empty. Serious sadness.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Cit missing my husband

Hi there...welcome aboard.

I see you've already found your way into our US Forums. The people in the Marriage Visa Forum are very helpful...I'm sure they'll do all they can to help you.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator...you can find their names at the bottom right hand side of the index page of each forum.

Good luck...I hope you, hubby and Fido are together again soon. Please give me a shout if you need any further help.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 9:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

Worth reading up the whole process in the wiki and reading peoples experiences in past threads in the immigration forums.

But what's stopping you from visiting him in the UK for 6 months? Wouldn't need a visa at least.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 9:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi clemato,

Welcome to BE, glad you've joined us. Hopefully you, hubby, and do will all be together again soon. In the meantime, dig in to BE as we've got lots of members who know what you are going through and you are amongst kindred spirits.

Sue
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clemato
I am an American born US citizen and my husband is a UK'er and we have i129f and i130 in process for the K3. We were married in July in the UK.

<snip>

Anyway, we really hope this is a 5 month process, but another 6 months separation is going to make us suffer.
Hi clemato, sorry to hear the dog's giving you a hard time.. I had the same problem with my cat.. she seems to have forgotten that I am the one who rescued her, not the charming Brit!

I hope you'll pop over to the marriage based visa forum and post more about your case. People's past experiences will help you do the right thing with that I-129f and give you a realistic idea of the timeframe. Plus, TONS o' tips from others in the same situation on how they deal with the separation & missing each other.
See you soon!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clemato! I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time waiting on your husband. Try to keep your days as busy as possible and come up with things you can do together once he's here. Perhaps that, phone calls, e-mail and a few biscuits for the doggy will make the time go a little faster.

Please feel free to pop on here whenever you need to escape for a while or need a kind ear - we have some fabulous people on here who've been there, done that and will likely have good advice for you, or will just be there to listen.

If I can help you find your way around the site at all, please don't hesitate to ask. Welcome!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 12:41 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice

Thanks everybody! I'll hop over and read away. We are doing the K3 process, so because the I130 and I129F are already on record, the Department of State told me he is not allowed to come back to the USA until afterwards. But that's a discussion in another forum, I guess. Ok, thank you all very much. Hugs!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:37 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clemato

Just to say welcome to BE from me to. I think you will find some kindred spirits on BE who can truly empathise on your circumstances.
Hope your wait is a short one

Dread - x
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:41 am
Nicole

lightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nice

Originally Posted by clemato

Just waiting and waiting. He was here on our post-honeymoon, but is back in the UK. We want that process complete already because I miss him so much.

Even worse, the dog has turned against me, she last saw my husband as he hugged her, I took him to the airport, and now he's gone. Obviously, in her doggy brain, this is what I'll do to her. She was my dog, but now she's his. Traitor! lol

Anyway, we really hope this is a 5 month process, but another 6 months separation is going to make us suffer. I hate not having him here, the house is empty without him, and the bed is so empty. Serious sadness.
Hi there. I know what you are going through. I am in Alberta, Canada and my husband is in the UK. We married in April and submitted the application in August. The time apart is so painful. It is hard being married but being 'single' still as we can't be together right? It is a long and lonely process but keep remembering it will be over eventually and you can start your life together. (that is what I keep telling myself).

Please know you are not alone. I found this group, just yesterday, and for the first time in 2 1/2 years know I am not the only one going through this.