British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   UK to AK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/uk-ak-729967/)

Jerseygirl Aug 25th 2011 6:38 pm

Re: UK to AK

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska (Post 9581797)
Hellooooo MGH.AK !!! great to see another Brit moving to the great land :)

I've been here 3 years now and I'm loving it. I'm out in the valley between Wasilla and Palmer which is about an hours commute into Anchortown.

If you need any information or help with your move shout me via private message and I'll do what I can to help.

Jan

Thanks Jan.:starsmile:

MGH.AK Aug 25th 2011 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 9581672)
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

Hi Jan :-)
I have probably already driven past your house a couple of times :-) I shall wave next time. I shall also make a list of questions for you, if that's OK :-)

MGH.AK Aug 25th 2011 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 9581672)
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

And thank you Oddities :-)
I'm adding up all the hints to look up and make notes.
Getting the hang of the site but think I may have replied in wrong places O.o

Jan Alaska Aug 25th 2011 7:26 pm

Another very active forum is citydata. I post from time to time on there as Jan Alaska too.

MGH.AK Jan 19th 2012 8:00 am

Just spent my first winter in Alaska, and absolutely loved it, even at -25 c :-)

MGH.AK Mar 24th 2012 8:42 pm

And K1 Visa in process!

dreadsoc Mar 24th 2012 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by MGH.AK (Post 9851792)
Just spent my first winter in Alaska, and absolutely loved it, even at -25 c :-)

OOh I hope you wore your thermal 'alans' !!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new life :thumbup:

Dread - x

MGH.AK Mar 24th 2012 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by dreadsoc (Post 9970597)
OOh I hope you wore your thermal 'alans' !!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new life :thumbup:

Dread - x

I had to come back in Jan, but looking forward to my final move this year, thanks :thumbsup:

MGH.AK Jan 1st 2013 12:36 am

I made it!
Arrived four weeks ago, with a bad cold and jet lag.
It's been a long process, and at times a " one step forward, two back" as the boxes I ticked weren't all the straight forward ones :-(
Now waiting for my SSN so we can set a date to get married, before I get deported! I don't want to add deportation to my Bucket list :-)
Wishing you all a great 2013 :-D

Jan Alaska Jan 1st 2013 1:42 am

Welcome to the (not so) cold great land!

I would be great to say hi sometime, maybe for coffee ? shoot me a pm if and when :)