Reload this Page >

Time to take it seriously

Time to take it seriously

Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

wisdomseeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time to take it seriously

Hi everyone,

New member here. I've been travelling a long time (for work and play), but it's time to take it seriously.

My income comes from consulting abroad (fly in/fly out) and almost all of my colleagues have moved from their homes to the lower tax countries around the world. This isn't my sole motivation, but it does make a lot of sense given how little time I spend at home nowadays.

I enjoy Europe a lot, but don't know how Brexit will affect things as well so I have been looking at countries that can offer favourable visas for my situation.

Anyway I am here to learn! Thanks for having me!
Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to take it seriously

Hi Wisdom Seeker, welcome to BE

I see you're a dab hand at forums and have already found your way around, so I'll just mention that we ask all new members to have a read of the forum rules, here https://britishexpats.com/site-rules

I hope you find BE useful, thanks for joining us!
Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks spouse of scouse!!

Yes I have some free time at work so I've been on a forum or two over the years!

I see you are from WA. I visited about 5 years ago, nice place!
Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wisdomseeker
Thanks spouse of scouse!!

Yes I have some free time at work so I've been on a forum or two over the years!

I see you are from WA. I visited about 5 years ago, nice place!
WA's a bit too quiet for some people but I love it We travel a fair bit, and lived in the UK for 3 years before returning home last year. It's a big, wide wonderful world out there and it certainly sounds like you've seen your share of it!

Best of luck with your plans to settle somewhere new
Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Also I should add, my current shortlist for living in Europe is:
  • Portugal
  • Malta
  • Montenegro
But you don't know what you don't know. So if anyone knows of a good place in Europe to live for a remote/fly in/out worker (lower taxes, easy to get residence) under the age of 50 that isn't too cold, let me know!
Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
WA's a bit too quiet for some people but I love it We travel a fair bit, and lived in the UK for 3 years before returning home last year. It's a big, wide wonderful world out there and it certainly sounds like you've seen your share of it!

Best of luck with your plans to settle somewhere new
My theory is: live somewhere quiet and visit busy places when you need it. The other way around means you have to escape when it all gets too much!

Thanks for your warm welcome