Time to fly

Old Sep 30th 2018, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Wanderlust86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time to fly

Hi, just giving a quick intro to me. I am in my early 30s living in Lancashire, England working in Manchester and have recently separated from my partner. I am now looking at planning to save up so I can pursue a lifelong dream of living in the USA.

At the moment it is only at a very early stage as I have debts to pay off and a separation to manage, but soon enough I will be heading over there.

My initial plan is to aim for NYC. I visited there in 2014 on a trip that also included LA, SF and various other spots on the west coast and the experience has never let go of me since.

Being a big Denver Broncos fan adds to it also and there’s every possibility I’ll spend at least some time Colorado to see them more often.

I hope to hear a lot of varied and compelling stories to keep me motivated in pursuing these objectives!
Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to fly

Hi and welcome to BE

A lofty goal but not sure of what your chances are for emigrating to the US and under what visa you qualify to make it possible.

After a read of the site rules http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ please amble over to the USA forums where the members there will help you ascertain which visa you would be eligible for in the future when you head is on straight again. http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/

You've chosen on the more difficult places to pin your dream on but with the right connections, i.e. current or future employer for a transfer work visa or education and field of endeavor for another type of visa or a large investment of financial resources, you might just have a chance.

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. And again, welcome to BE.