Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Spain

Thinking of moving to Spain

Old Jan 11th 2018, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

ubntfp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to Spain

Hi there all. Just joined and looking to see what Pros and Cons there are for moving to Spain.

My family and I are getting fed up in UK and having spent an amazing 2 weeks on holiday, weather helped our health, we have decided that we would like to look at maybe moving to Murcia or Valencia areas. Hoping we can do what we do now, sell house buy in Spain and work part time. I'm hoping I can do a driving / delivery job and my wife would be doing accounts. Have an almost 5 year old daughter so pitfalls for schooling as well. Any help advice pointers gratefully appreciated.. NO IDEA what to do lol
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Spain

Originally Posted by ubntfp
Hi there all. Just joined and looking to see what Pros and Cons there are for moving to Spain.

My family and I are getting fed up in UK and having spent an amazing 2 weeks on holiday, weather helped our health, we have decided that we would like to look at maybe moving to Murcia or Valencia areas. Hoping we can do what we do now, sell house buy in Spain and work part time. I'm hoping I can do a driving / delivery job and my wife would be doing accounts. Have an almost 5 year old daughter so pitfalls for schooling as well. Any help advice pointers gratefully appreciated.. NO IDEA what to do lol
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Post again in the Spain forum and you'll get lots of advice from the folk there, particularly the chances of either of you finding work. Do you speak adequate Spanish? 2 weeks holiday in a country gives no idea of the nitty-gritty of life in general, particularly in the winter months. The good news is that your child would go to a Spanish school and pick up the language and make friends in no time.
Good luck with your decision!