Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

thinking of moving

thinking of moving

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 4:32 am
Just Joined

MABHULL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thinking of moving

Hi everyone new to the forum so please bear with me if i post in the incorrect area.

my wife and i are thinking of moving to australia .

we have 2 children still living at home with us both and they will need to come along as well.

I am currently self employed on a part time basis ( office sales and service) and also work part time for a cctv company duties include building and repairing bespoke cctv surveillance systems, also forensic data processing of footage etc.

hobbies include scuba diving , shooting (12 bore clays pigeon), boating fishing , football, etc etc.

I would like to know what i need to do to be able to move .

the family are serious about moving , but we need to make sure the right country and area as well as employment etc.

any help appreciated.

thanks again

mark
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:14 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking of moving

Hi Mark

First of all welcome to BE - you have certainly found the right place for help.

We have a forum dedicated to Australia, which you will find by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the top left corner of this page. Scroll down the countries and double click on Australia and you're in. The barbie thread is the place for chatting, but I would recommend you check in and start a thread with your questions. There are lots of Brit expats posying in the Australia forum who have made the move and thye will be only to happy to offer you advice and information to help you on your way.
There is also a thread about immigration to help with the dreaded visa process and lots of info to be found in the Wiki.

I would definitely recommend you check it out

Other than that all the very best with your plans

Dread - x
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

MABHULL is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS DREAD. WILL DO
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:04 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary