Sri Lanka

Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:05 am
Just Joined

williamb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sri Lanka

Hi new to forum, anyone live, or ever, bought property and lived in Sri Lanka? Any good advice appreciated.
William
Old Jul 15th 2011, 1:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sri Lanka

Originally Posted by williamb
Hi new to forum, anyone live, or ever, bought property and lived in Sri Lanka? Any good advice appreciated.
William
Hello William...welcome to BE.

I'm sorry I can't help answer your question but I see you have reposted your question in The Rest Of The World forum...hopefully you will get helpful answers to your post.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator...their names are located at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold font.

Please shout out if you require assistance with anything...there's usually someone around to help out.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 5:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi William. There's quite a lot of threads in the Goa forum about Sri Lanka. If you go to Goa sub-forum and do a search (top right hand button) on Lanka, they'll all show up.

As a starter, there's one thread here about Sri Lanka as an alternative to Goa

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=lanka

I reckon if you tag on to that thread, you may get some answers. Obviously I don't know your age, but Sri Lanka has got a great retirement visa for those over 55. Some friends of mine looked into it and they were quite impressed. And all those curries.... yum yum
Old Jul 16th 2011, 7:41 am
Just Joined

williamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much I will look into it. Am a teacher working in Middle East and have about 10 years b4 I get to 55; however, will probably have to work until 60 (though I don't want to as have no pension and will need money 2 live on) Sri Lanka is wonderful but, buying property there is meant to be a mine field! and i heard that retirement visas were quite hard to come by. So good to hear a different opinion. Again many thanks