Reload this Page >

Spouse UK visa Please please HELP

Spouse UK visa Please please HELP

Old Jun 10th 2013, 11:35 am
Just Joined

alsora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse UK visa Please please HELP

Hi All,

Just wonder if somebody could help me out there.

I am a British citizen of Middle Eastern root, both myself and my wife are medical doctors. I work in NHS here at the moment.
My wife who is an Iraqi citizen applied for spouse visa back in August 2012 and her visa got rejected in November. We filed our appeal back in December 2012. Still we have not hear from UK border agency!!!

I have a lawyer, she just advises me to wait.. I contacted my local MP, noe of them made any difference. my self and my wife are going through hell, just waiting to hear from Uk border agency.

My questions are:
1) Is there any way that i can use to expedite the reply from UK border agency?
2) should have not appealed and just reapply for spouse visa.
3) Could my wife apply for other type of UK visas such as student or visitors ? will that affect our appeal process.
4) Do you think it is wise to change my lawyer because Im not very satisfied with them, just they are interested in the fee you are paying them?

Many thanks
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:07 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse UK visa Please please HELP

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I remember there was a similar post in our Far East forum not so long ago and similar experience to yourself. Had to wait ages for a response from the Border Agency. None of this helps you of course but just to say you're not the only one.

This forum is for British expats mainly who are working abroad, so there's no obvious section for me to point you to. I guess you can try looking in the Moving Back to the UK section on here. Maybe you'll find some others with the same problem who may be able to help you. All the best.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, I've just noticed that we have a subsection re spouse visas in the Moving Back to the UK section, so I think that's definitely somewhere for you to look. If you'd like me to shift your thread over there, save you copying and pasting, let me know.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

alsora is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks i did not see that section