Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Scot moving to Canada

Scot moving to Canada

Old Mar 30th 2017, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Merchant85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scot moving to Canada

Hi all, new to the forum, I am Scottish and my wife is Canadian, we have a 17 month old son and we are waiting on our family sponsorship visa coming through (been told the only issue would be if i had a criminal record, prison officer here so, nothing to worry about). We'll be moving to South West Ontario. I'm hoping to be a Corrections Officer when we move as i have 9 years experience here. Looking to see how others have found the move. I'm very excited about it although i realise there will be difficulties. Houses seem to be a lot cheaper especially where we're looking to move and taxes seem very reasonable. Are there any serious pit falls to look out for? I know it's a different country so i expect things to be very different from here, i loved my holiday there but life is different from a holiday. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 12:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scot moving to Canada

Hi there and welcome to BE. I'm married to a Canadian as well only he opted to move to the US. He had fallen out of love with snow and long cold winters. He's lived in all the provinces but Ottawa was his home. Anyway, we have a great Canadian forum.

Living there is different from holidays but if you are flexible and open to change you should be able to make a go of it. Why don't you have a quick read of the site rules and then venture over to the Canadian forum for a look around Canada - British Expats

Good luck with your move.

PS I see you already found your way there ;-)