Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Radiation therapist/ Radiographers

Radiation therapist/ Radiographers

Old Dec 6th 2016, 12:46 am
Just Joined

innocentsheep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radiation therapist/ Radiographers

Hi everyone, I would like to know if your country has any vacancies or openings for fresh graduates in the discipline of radiotherapy/ therapeutic radiography. Please help! Thanks a million!
Old Dec 6th 2016, 1:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radiation therapist/ Radiographers

Originally Posted by innocentsheep
Hi everyone, I would like to know if your country has any vacancies or openings for fresh graduates in the discipline of radiotherapy/ therapeutic radiography. Please help! Thanks a million!
What countries are you looking at? And what countries would you qualify for a visa for?
Old Dec 6th 2016, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Could you be slightly more specific about "your country", this is British Expats (its all in the name)

We pretty much have the world covered!

I think Mongolia might need fresh graduates in the discipline of radiotherapy/ therapeutic radiography.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 2:29 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
.... I think Mongolia might need fresh graduates in the discipline of radiotherapy/ therapeutic radiography.
Are you sure? I have heard that Lesotho has a greater need.

BTW Hi Innocent Sheep, welcome to BE.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 5:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, welcome to BE.

You do need to be much more specific as to which country you are thinking about so a bit more information would help, then we can point you in the direction of the specific country forum that would be of most help to you.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a shortage in the UK ! I am informed of that by the son-in-law of a former colleague. He has endless amounts of overtime and weekend work in the NHS in England.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:22 am
Just Joined

innocentsheep is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thank you everyone for replying! I have just graduated from Trinity College Dublin and am currently seeking employment. Was job hunting when I came across old threads from BE with regards to my discipline. Seemed like a really helpful community! I am a Singaporean by nationality. I feel rather clueless where or which country to start with so any help at all would be much appreciated. Thank you guys!

Originally Posted by scot47
There is a shortage in the UK ! I am informed of that by the son-in-law of a former colleague. He has endless amounts of overtime and weekend work in the NHS in England.
Oh thanks for the information! And sorry to hear that; overtime is really tiring especially when the holiday season is near. Do you know which hospital is that? Perhaps I could email the HR. I have done clinical placements at Guys' and St Thomas' Hospital in London previously.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 6th 2016 at 8:31 am.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hello innocent sheep (love the name!), and a warm welcome to BE.

The Welcome Inn is just for introductions and orientation to the site, so when you're ready with country-specific questions there'll be a wealth of information you can tap into.

As others have said, you'll need to do a fair bit of research before thinking of working abroad. A good place to start is thinking about where you'd like to live, then you can research that country's visa requirements for your profession and if you qualify, you can then start to research the nitty gritty. That's where BE would be very useful, as you can post questions on that country's specific forum.

In the meantime, you might like to take a look at BE's Working Abroad page. Not sure if your discipline's covered, but you may get some ideas of the experiences of people working in the allied health field across this big planet of ours. Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats

Best of luck!
Old Dec 7th 2016, 5:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I would look at what country you think you would like to go to and see what the visa requirements are and if you match them.

In New Zealand Medical Radiation Therapist is on 2 lists. One you need to gain 160 or more points.
The other option would be you would need to get a job offer from an Accredited Company. Most DHB's are accredited.
For both you would need to pay to have your qualifications accessed and they would need to met a certain level to be eligible to claim.

Medical Diagnostic Radiographer is only on one visa list and that would require you getting more than 160 or over points.

So thats NZ covered, you would need to look at this sort of thing for any country you wish to work.