Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Puppy back to the UK

Puppy back to the UK

Old Nov 15th 2014, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

jrb766 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Puppy back to the UK

I'm sorry if you've had this question before but I'm new on here and very confused!! I am getting a new puppy as my much loved dog has passed away and obviously need him to have a pet passport. I am going home end of February and he is coming with us. Does he have to have been resident with me for 6 months before I can take him to the UK? How long after his rabies jab and blood test do I have to wait before we can go? Many thanks
Old Nov 15th 2014, 9:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Puppy back to the UK

not sure what your country legislation but you would need to check that as well as the UK one. Sorry to hear about your dog passing, may I suggest that maybe what with your move coming up so soon that maybe you should hold off getting a puppy where you are and wait until you get to the UK. You may find it easier to find somewhere to rent until you are settled without a pet in tow and also the stress on you as well as the puppy with all the hoops you will have to jump through and the poor puppy more injections than required if it stayed in the country you are in atm and the stress of the crating over to UK. Lots of puppies in UK needing homes. just something to think about
Old Nov 16th 2014, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your answer. I am just outside gandia and am only going home for a visit for a month to see family. We lost our boy in may. Now feel ready to give another dog a loving home will find one in rescue centre. But so confused as to 6 months rules I know about the passport coming from the UK just unsure of Spain to UK!
Old Nov 16th 2014, 8:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrb766
Thanks for your answer. I am just outside gandia and am only going home for a visit for a month to see family. We lost our boy in may. Now feel ready to give another dog a loving home will find one in rescue centre. But so confused as to 6 months rules I know about the passport coming from the UK just unsure of Spain to UK!
This might help, general info regarding bringing a pet to UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...1-january-2012
Old Nov 16th 2014, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that I am no longer confused!!
Old Nov 16th 2014, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

That info is unfortunately OUT OF DATE.
Please use this one!!

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad