Reload this Page >

Preview visit to Tours / Loches

Preview visit to Tours / Loches

Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:39 am
In Transit

cshurt64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Preview visit to Tours / Loches

Hello all,
first off let me come clean and say that my wife and I are Americans . After hoping to move to France for years it turns out that we now have a rather surprising and imminent opportunity to move to the Loire valley where my company has an office. I just found out about this opportunity a couple weeks back and now we are going to be in the area for a preview visit on March 10th - 14th (that is to say we're leaving tomorrow!). We are wondering if there are any good resources out there or friendly folks who might be able to give us some pointers about the area as we take this whirlwind tour. If I accept the position we will be moving to the area by the summer of this year and as you can imagine we are somewhat overwhelmed. Many regards and thanks to anyone who is willing to share some ideas with us.
Chris
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:46 am
In Transit

Default Re: Preview visit to Tours / Loches

Ooops, I now see the first thing I have done is to violate the rules of this forum by asking a question and not introducing myself. So since I can't delete my post I will at least introduce myself.
My name is Chris and my wife and I currently live in Knoxville, Tennessee in the US. I was originally born and raised near San Francisco and have since then move around the US. My wife Maria was born in Montreal and has since then spent most of her life in Tennessee.
We both enjoy international travel and on our trips we usually like incorporate some bike riding and fine dining. For many years now I have wanted to expatriate to France in order to experience a different culture and learn a new language. I am also a big proponent of public transportation and cooking.
We have come to this site because of a job offer that was made to me that will force us to make a quick decision about moving to Tours and we would like some insight on what to expect and what resources are out there.
Chris
Old Mar 8th 2014, 11:52 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum

That sounds like an exciting move for you. I see you've found the France section of the forum OK and that's the best place for any questions that you may have. I have a cousin who lives in the Loire Valley in Auverse and she absolute loves it there. Hope it all works out for you
Old Mar 8th 2014, 12:50 pm
In Transit

Thanks bakedbean,
it's both exciting and a bit overwhelming!