Reload this Page >

Preparing to Move

Preparing to Move

Old Jan 1st 2023, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Huntaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Preparing to Move

Hi All,

I've made the decision to return to the UK from NZ after over 20 years. There's no turning back! I've been packing, organising and have stopped procrastinating and booked my flight.. My dog is coming with me and her flight is booked, we're just dealing with the finer details now. She's had her vaccines, the final task is a vet health certificate which has to be within 3 weeks of her flight.

When I googled a few questions, this site kept popping up. I found some answers, but decided it would be better if I became part of the forum. I still have a few questions!

Even after all this time, there are friends who still miss me and, of course, family. Owing to rotten circumstances, a fresh start was necessary, whether it be in NZ or the UK. It's time to go home.
Old Jan 1st 2023, 7:54 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preparing to Move

Originally Posted by Huntaway
Hi All,

I've made the decision to return to the UK from NZ after over 20 years. There's no turning back! I've been packing, organising and have stopped procrastinating and booked my flight.. My dog is coming with me and her flight is booked, we're just dealing with the finer details now. She's had her vaccines, the final task is a vet health certificate which has to be within 3 weeks of her flight.

When I googled a few questions, this site kept popping up. I found some answers, but decided it would be better if I became part of the forum. I still have a few questions!

Even after all this time, there are friends who still miss me and, of course, family. Owing to rotten circumstances, a fresh start was necessary, whether it be in NZ or the UK. It's time to go home.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
This is a world-wide section for Introductions. Post again with your questions in the dedicated "Moving back to the UK" forum below, and All the Best for 2023 and your fresh start!
Old Jan 1st 2023, 8:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Welcome to BE
we do ask everyone to have a quick read of the forum rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community (britishexpats.com) and, should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderator, names in bold at the bottom right of each forum page.
Specific questions should be asked in the 'Moving back to the UK' forum Moving back or to the UK - British Expats The people there will be happy to help you in any way they can.
Old Jan 1st 2023, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Oh. Judging by the replies, I shouldn't have introduced myself here. I must have read the forum rules incorrectly.
Old Jan 1st 2023, 10:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. Judging by the replies, I shouldn't have introduced myself here. I must have read the forum rules incorrectly.
No, this was the correct place for an introduction, and it's knowing where you ware wanting information on that means we can point you in the right direction, you've done nothing wrong at all.
Old Jan 2nd 2023, 7:45 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No, this was the correct place for an introduction, and it's knowing where you ware wanting information on that means we can point you in the right direction, you've done nothing wrong at all.
+1
Old Jan 10th 2023, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Huntaway, if you need any questions answered we'd be glad to help. We moved from NZ to the UK late 2019 with our 2 little dogs and a cat. I'm originally British, hubby is a kiwi and we've had our fare share of hoops of fire to jump through let me tell you!! We're almost on the verge of planning to return to NZ. Good luck with your plans, it's a lot of work.
Old Jan 11th 2023, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary, I wonder if Peter (or IB) have been hacked in some way - the same thing appeared simultaneously on Pprune (& has been deleted) under the name of another long standing poster.

ETA:

Just happened again on Pprune!

Last edited by scrubbedexpat142; Jan 11th 2023 at 3:31 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2023, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi. Thanks, Gypsy. I've been embroiled in packing/giving away etc. but I will post on the "Moving Back to the UK" forum shortly.