Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Planning to Move to Australia in 2013

Planning to Move to Australia in 2013

Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Robby_R is just really niceRobby_R is just really niceRobby_R is just really niceRobby_R is just really niceRobby_R is just really niceRobby_R is just really niceRobby_R is just really niceRobby_R is just really nice
Default Planning to Move to Australia in 2013

Hi everyone, My name is Robby, I'm currently living in Plymouth and myself and my wife are planning to move to Australia in 2013.

We have done quite a bit of research but have probably only just scratched the surface. We have both, at different times in our lives, been out that way; my wife more than me and we have weighed up the pros and cons and have decided that a life in Australia is definitely for us.

I'm currently serving in the British Navy and will shortly be applying for the Royal Australian Navy. I work in communications which is, lucky for me a sought after trade in the RAN.

We are interested in hearing from people that have taken the big step that we are planning. No doubt there are factors that we haven't even considered yet!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:45 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning to Move to Australia in 2013

Originally Posted by Robby_R
Hi everyone, My name is Robby, I'm currently living in Plymouth and myself and my wife are planning to move to Australia in 2013.

We have done quite a bit of research but have probably only just scratched the surface. We have both, at different times in our lives, been out that way; my wife more than me and we have weighed up the pros and cons and have decided that a life in Australia is definitely for us.

I'm currently serving in the British Navy and will shortly be applying for the Royal Australian Navy. I work in communications which is, lucky for me a sought after trade in the RAN.

We are interested in hearing from people that have taken the big step that we are planning. No doubt there are factors that we haven't even considered yet!
Hi Robby

Welcome to BE.

We have a forum especially for all things Australia. You will find this forum by pressing the 'forum index' on the above pink bar. Scroll down the listed countries and you will see 'Australia', double click on there and you will be in.

It is well worth your while introducing yourself on there, and feel free to post any questions you have. I am sure you will also find others on there who have served in the RN.

There is also a section on there about all things immigration - a must see when applying for visas etc.

Good luck with all your plans

Dread - x
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:17 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Robby_R,

Welcome to BE. I see you have found the Australia forum ok. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any site questions/feedback. You can post in our Site Feedback forum anytime or let our moderators know. The Moderators for the Australia forum are: cresta57, moneypenny20, sonlymewalter, Kelli28 and alistairboyle and the Concierge is Kelli28.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robby_R

Hi Robby. I just wanted to welcome you to our cyber community of British Expats. You'll get loads of helpful information about moving to Australia from the people who post in the Oz forums.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and good luck.