Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Ping pong pom! Experiences welcome!

Ping pong pom! Experiences welcome!

Old Oct 28th 2014, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

miara82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Ping pong pom! Experiences welcome!

Hi there!

I have just arrived back in UK after 3 years of living in Australia. I decided to come home as I missed family and those close friendships. After been home for a short time... I'm like 'get me outta here!' I expected ups and downs but not such a strong feeling I've made a mistake. I'm currently applying for jobs to start after Christmas (I work as a midwife) but I'm wondering if I should just head back to the sunshine instead?! Has anyone else bounced so much?! I obv have no family, I have PR and the freedom to easily live in either country. I thought I'd be excited about red telephone boxes.. I'm not!
Nostalgia is a strong emotion!
First world problems eh? But would love any words of wisdom/ shared exorbitances.
Thank you!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2014, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping pong pom! Experiences welcome!

My advice: Go back to Aus and stay long enough to get citizenship, then re-evaluate. Since you have no family etc there isn't much else to consider except where you want to be. I'd head back while you can and after you've naturalised as an Aussie (and therefore have dual citizenship with UK) then see if that's where you're to stay.

Good luck
Old Oct 29th 2014, 12:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and welcome to the wonderful world of BE.

Yes. There are plenty of those that have ping ponged scattered all over BE & plenty that have moved country but remain unsure if it their 'forever' place. Hopefully they will be happy to share.

It is so hard isn't it when you don't feel truly settled somewhere. I sometimes wonder if some of us never really settle anywhere ever again.

Please have a look at the MBTTUK forum. It is full of those that have pinged somewhere, only to pong somewhere else or back to the UK.

Also have a browse in the Australian forum but please don't confine yourself to there. You should also browse through New Zealand, Canada and the USA forums. It will show you that you are far from alone in your thoughts.

You haven't said how long you have been back in the UK. As with any huge move, settling takes a while.

Anyway, hopefully you will connect with those that have been there and done that , just like you.

At the end of the day though, it will be what you feel is best for you overall. No-one can or should give you direct advice as to what you should do . Hopefully just by chatting it through with those that have been in the same boat , you will clear your head and make the best choice for you.

Need any help with anything . Give me a shout.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 11:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary