Reload this Page >

Newby expat in Hilversum!

Newby expat in Hilversum!

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Hannah Hudson is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Newby expat in Hilversum!

Hello!
I moved to Hilversum at the weekend to join my husband who has been working here since Jan - and here I am reaching out to English speakers in the area!
My daughter is 6yrs and my boy 4 - they start school in August so we have quite a stretch to get to know folk via 'British Expats' and the like... We're from the UK and a happy group looking forward to our adventures in The Netherlands!
Should you be in a similar place drop me a line!
Hannah

Last edited by Hannah Hudson; Jul 2nd 2013 at 8:36 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 2:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newby expat in Hilversum!

Hi there and welcome to the forum

Thanks for introducing yourself in the Welcome Inn, which is a little introductory section on the forum.

Do check out the Netherlands section on here and join in with some threads, won't you. That's where you'll find all our Holland residents.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Thank you bakedbean - I shall! Navigating around now... thank you for your reply
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Bluespruce7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hannah Hudson
Hello!
I moved to Hilversum at the weekend to join my husband who has been working here since Jan - and here I am reaching out to English speakers in the area!
My daughter is 6yrs and my boy 4 - they start school in August so we have quite a stretch to get to know folk via 'British Expats' and the like... We're from the UK and a happy group looking forward to our adventures in The Netherlands!
Should you be in a similar place drop me a line!
Hannah
Hi Hannah
I've just been googling Hilversum as we move out to Hilversum next week and came across your message! We are in a similar situation, my husband has been working in Amsterdam for a few weeks but we all head out next week for a new adventure. We have a son who is nearly 6 and a 3 1/2 year old daughter- also starting new school/nursery in August.
I've never been on a forum before so haven't a clue what I'm doing or if this message will even get to you, so will sign off now and see what happens next!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:24 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bluespruce and welcome to the wonderful world of forums

You're currently posting in the Welcome Inn, which is just an introductory section.

Really both of you should check out the Netherlands section on here and maybe put some posts in there, ask some questions, and have a general read about life in Holland. If you follow this link below, it will take you directly to the Netherlands forum:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bluespruce7
Hi Hannah
I've just been googling Hilversum as we move out to Hilversum next week and came across your message! We are in a similar situation, my husband has been working in Amsterdam for a few weeks but we all head out next week for a new adventure. We have a son who is nearly 6 and a 3 1/2 year old daughter- also starting new school/nursery in August.
I've never been on a forum before so haven't a clue what I'm doing or if this message will even get to you, so will sign off now and see what happens next!
Hello Bluespruce! I am not savvy on here either! Just returned from a UK visit so just catching up - looks like we're in the same boat - will you be living in Amsterdam? Hannah
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hannah Hudson
Hello Bluespruce! I am not savvy on here either! Just returned from a UK visit so just catching up - looks like we're in the same boat - will you be living in Amsterdam? Hannah
Hi Hannah
No we will be living in Hilversum, my husband will be working in Amsterdam
Hope you are settling in ok, we'll all be there mid-week next week
I think I've seen we need to post on a forum 3 times before we can private message?
Hope your dutch adventure going well so far!
Removal lorry arriving UK Monday!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 9:47 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, once you've made 3 messages each then you can send private messages to each other.
You can do this either via the 'private message' link under your username at the top right hand corner or by clicking on 'My profile' on the beige tab along the top.
Use PMs if you need to post personal info such as phone no.s etc or just have a more personal chat that you don't want others to read
You can also contact others via email if you go into their profile- your email address remains private.

All the best with the move and good luck!
P
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Oh good luck with the move and hopefully we can pm once you're settled! We all settled quickly, Hilversum is lovely and the community - local and expat - already seem very friendly. Speak soon. Hannah
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hannah

Am hoping we've put 2 and 2 together and got 4!
Apologies if this isn't the Hannah I met in Hilversum today!
Should have swapped numbers to make it easier!!
I've tried to pm you but it wouldn't let me, think this is my 3rd message so it may do now?
Hope to hear from you!
Rachel