Newboy

Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Panijon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newboy

Hi, I've been living in Thailand but feeling under pressure from UK Gov. rules on NHS and Pensions, so I'm in the UK for a while to try to get my head sorted on my future. Hoping to get some helpful feedback but also willing to share my Thailand experiences.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newboy

Originally Posted by Panijon
Hi, I've been living in Thailand but feeling under pressure from UK Gov. rules on NHS and Pensions, so I'm in the UK for a while to try to get my head sorted on my future. Hoping to get some helpful feedback but also willing to share my Thailand experiences.
Hi and welcome to BE
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:55 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to the forum

Have a good browse around the different sections on here. There is a Moving Back to the UK section (if you are thinking about it ) or come and chat in the Thailand section. I lived in Thailand for a couple of years, before I moved to Malaysia. Thailand is a funny ol' place isn't it....great curries though

Last edited by bakedbean; Apr 8th 2014 at 12:56 pm. Reason: Bloody iPad autocorrect...grrrrrr
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, there are several potential problems on the horizon which I need to clarify, as I understand it I loose access to the NHS if I leave the UK for 90 days average over four years, I also loose my annual state pension increases. I am due my state pension this year and I am credited with 40 years contributions, so I am pretty upset at this prospect.

I have considered Malaysia, any insights?

Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:28 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again. You can take a look in the Malaysia section if you like, but you will have the same situation I think. I don't have a UK state pension yet, but you don't get the pension increases here either. NHS, no idea, I don't go back to UK. I Pay for medical treatment in Malaysia...that's my home now.

Philippines you DO get the pension increases. Good retirement visa there too but.....as always....depends if you like the place. Take a look in the Philippines section if you're interested. There's a Read Me sticky topic at the top about the retirement visa.

All the best with your decisions.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info, I don't think my Thai partner would consider Philippines, Malaysia might be close enough to consider.