Reload this Page >

Newbies moving to NZ

Newbies moving to NZ

Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Corrina38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbies moving to NZ

Hi,

myself, hubby and 4 young kids will hopefully be moving to Christchurch October 2014, it would be sooner but hubby has best man duties to perform
We've made the decision so now we've got the next 12 months to find out everything we need to and make it happen

Any advice would be very welcome
Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:22 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies moving to NZ

Originally Posted by Corrina38
Hi,

myself, hubby and 4 young kids will hopefully be moving to Christchurch October 2014, it would be sooner but hubby has best man duties to perform
We've made the decision so now we've got the next 12 months to find out everything we need to and make it happen

Hi Corrina and welcome to BE

I can see you've managed to find your way to our NZ section - and they really are the best people to offer advice on your move

Good luck with everything, and shout if you need a hand with anything
Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:44 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Corrina and welcome to the forum
Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Currency Transfer Vendor

Ian_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Corrina38
Hi,

Hi Corrina,

Firstly welcome to the forum and I'm glad to hear you have given yourself 12 months to make the move and not a few months, can be a stressful process emigrating.

Well, there will be 1001 things you need to do but from what I have being told the longest part of the process will be obtaining the visa's for your family, personally I would start with that. I would also strongly suggest having a read on the New Zealand forum but not just the Threads on the main page, go back to previous Threads to see what other Expats have done. There will be plenty of advice and tips on making the big move.

All the best

Ian
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Corrina38,

You've certainly come to the right place we have loads of members like yourself living in or moving to Christchurch so I am sure you will pick up lots of tips from people, and who knows make a few friends along the way.

I hope you enjoy being part of our virtual community and if you get stuck on anything on the site please give me a shout.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:51 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Hope to see you in the NZ forum! I tend to answer a lot of the visa type questions so feel free to ask about anything you need to know.
P
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Howdedoo Corrina.

Lovely username by the way

Come on down to our NZ forum - click the link in the bold type.

We're always happy to see a new face and help where we can.

I emigrated to NZ nearly ten years ago now Where did that time go