Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie, well sort of...

Newbie, well sort of...

Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:27 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold
Default Newbie, well sort of...

Hi there, I'm Dom
I have heard about this forum from a friend on PomsinOz
I thought I'd check this place out, as PIO seems to be ruled by a mafia of well meaning but reactionary pro Aussie zealots.
How's that for starters?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:40 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie, well sort of...

Hi harpodom,

Welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. Hate to do this as it's your first post but I would really appreciate it if you could take a quick gander at our site rules, particularly rule 8 I hope you can understand that we don't like to get into discussions about the way other forums are run, we are all different and all have different netiquette etc, etc.

Anyway welcome again and if you ever have any site usability questions or concerns please do not hesitate to give myself, the Moderators or the Concierges a shout anytime and we will be happy to help.

Sue
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:49 am

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi harpodom,

Welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. Hate to do this as it's your first post but I would really appreciate it if you could take a quick gander at our site rules, particularly rule 8 I hope you can understand that we don't like to get into discussions about the way other forums are run, we are all different and all have different netiquette etc, etc.

Anyway welcome again and if you ever have any site usability questions or concerns please do not hesitate to give myself, the Moderators or the Concierges a shout anytime and we will be happy to help.

Sue
thanks...I've already broken a rule?
sorry. this feels a bit like being in a massive 5 star hotel.
can I ask the conierge to arrange a taxi to the CBD?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harpodom
Hi there, I'm Dom
I have heard about this forum from a friend on PomsinOz
I thought I'd check this place out, as PIO seems to be ruled by a mafia of well meaning but reactionary pro Aussie zealots.
How's that for starters?
Hello and welcome.

Haha...5 star hotel...BE is a large forum isn't it? Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact her.

Why don't you pop over to our Australia Forums and say hello? If you have any concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and
Alistairboyle.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to BE.

Hope you settle in well and have fun posting around the place.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Geez... wish I could arrange a taxi here, heh heh

Anyway, welcome welcome harpodom. It's a big forum as you have probably gathered already, but a pretty friendly bunch overall. The Aussie section is quite good fun and very lively. Take a look. And if you tire of that one, take a look round some of the other sub-forums if you just want to have a chat with other Brits and other expats. Enjoy.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Geez... wish I could arrange a taxi here, heh heh

Anyway, welcome welcome harpodom. It's a big forum as you have probably gathered already, but a pretty friendly bunch overall. The Aussie section is quite good fun and very lively. Take a look. And if you tire of that one, take a look round some of the other sub-forums if you just want to have a chat with other Brits and other expats. Enjoy.
Thanks bakey (or is that a bit too familiar). Yeah, I feel like I've just arrived on holiday, checked into the hotel, unpacked my pants ready to be ironed, and I'm currently checking out the pay TV 'options'
Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:57 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

welcome Dom
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:35 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as your going some place flash and you pick me up on the way.

Welcome to B.E
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by TGA
welcome Dom
Stone the crows, you're a sight for sore eyes!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kelli28
As long as your going some place flash and you pick me up on the way.

Welcome to B.E
Thanks kelli, though I've only got $20. I was actually planning on a kids meal at maccas, assuming I've got any money left..can you lend me a few bob? Say, $1000?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:57 am
Just Joined

fathom will become famous soon enough

How long do you have to be an apprentice in the toilet industry?

Gotta wonder how on earth you get ahead in that racket!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by fathom
How long do you have to be an apprentice in the toilet industry?

Gotta wonder how on earth you get ahead in that racket!
Well thanks for asking
In Australia it's a standard 4 year course, with weekly day release to college where we mostly learn about different types of faeces. I'm starting my 3rd year next month but currently like all hard working Aussies I'm on holiday til feb.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:56 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Thanks kelli, though I've only got $20. I was actually planning on a kids meal at maccas, assuming I've got any money left..can you lend me a few bob? Say, $1000?
Sorry don't think that's in my job description