Newbie - Thinking of Cyprus

Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:03 am
Just Joined

shadow_rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie - Thinking of Cyprus

Thanx for letting me into your forum.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:19 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by shadow_rider
Hello and welcome.

We may have let you in but nothing is free these days. You have to tell us a little about yourself and how you think B.E. may be able to help you.

Don't be shy.

Cheers,

Alistair.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:37 am
Just Joined

shadow_rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alistar, Ok a few things about me. I am 66yrs young, retired with just a state pension. Just had 5 weeks at Permera, very close to Protaras. I loved the Island. Hopeing to live in that region, Pension allowing.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:53 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alistar, Ok a few things about me. I am 66yrs young, retired with just a state pension. Just had 5 weeks at Permera, very close to Protaras. I loved the Island. Hopeing to live in that region, Pension allowing.
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Pardon my ignorance, but I had to check to see where Protaras was!
If you post again on the Cyprus forum, you'll get advice from the members there.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 1:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi shadow_rider,

Welcome to BE. I'm so pleased that you have joined our little community. As DMU pointed out be sure to pop over to our Cyprus forum.

Seems like you had a good time on your trip. What did you like best about the place?
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie - Thinking of Cyprus

Hello and welcome to BE.

Cyprus seems to be a popular retirement destination for Brits. Have never been there myself...perhaps one day.

Good luck with your plans.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:49 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shadow rider

Welcome to BE from me too.You will definitely get loads of useful info from our Cyprus forum, where there are plenty of expats already living there to give you the low down (and uphigh) of living there.

All the best with your plans

Dread - x
Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and

Cyprus is a beautiful island and lovely people and the food...... I used to have holidays there regularly when we lived in the UK. Used to put on so much weight though All the guys in Cyprus forum will guide you. Enjoy your retirement.