Reload this Page >

Newbie - Planning a move to Indiana

Newbie - Planning a move to Indiana

Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

mamma wamma is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Newbie - Planning a move to Indiana

Hi everyone

Im Debbie and im a first timer to this forum. My husband and i are considering a relocation from the north of England to Indiana, and should we decide to make the move this should take place around May/June of next year, so im looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge that all of you have to offer.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by mamma wamma
Hi everyone

Im Debbie and im a first timer to this forum. My husband and i are considering a relocation from the north of England to Indiana, and should we decide to make the move this should take place around May/June of next year, so im looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge that all of you have to offer.
Welcome to BE Debbie.

You don't say why you are moving to the US ie work or based on citizenship. Either way we have several excellent US forums...including an US Immigration forum and a Marriage Visa Forum. The regulars who post in those forums will do their best to answer any questions you have about the actual immigration process.
W
I look forward to seeing you in the US Forums...and once again welcome.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Hubby has the chance to relocate within his present company. We are to have a "recci" visit next month and we will be discussing a relocation package, so depending on this will determine whether we are financialy able to move. So im keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the welcome
Old Oct 7th 2012, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby has the chance to relocate within his present company. We are to have a "recci" visit next month and we will be discussing a relocation package, so depending on this will determine whether we are financialy able to move. So im keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the welcome
Take a look in the BE Wiki...loads of information in there about the US...including re-lo packages. The US Imm forum is the place to ask about visas...this is important as some visas will allow a spouse to work...or can easily be the road to a green card etc.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Newbie

Just been on the US Immigration forum (before i read your latest post) and think it has just solved one of my headaches already.............which Visa (there are so many i was going round in circles prior to joining this forum) so already this forum has been worth its weight in gold.

Thank You so much, thats one thing off my never ending list of to-do's
Old Oct 8th 2012, 1:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Indiana,
where?

if it's Indianapolis then great!
if it's Terre Haute you'll yawn to death
if it Gary you'll be shot to death
Old Oct 8th 2012, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
where?

if it's Indianapolis then great!
if it's Terre Haute you'll yawn to death
if it Gary you'll be shot to death
Its Dubois County area, not sure which part yet until i check out housing a bit nearer the time
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Its Dubois County area, not sure which part yet until i check out housing a bit nearer the time
Was thinking Ferdinand, any thoughts on this town anyone?????
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:06 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know Indy very well (except that it's pretty flat ) but wanted to welcome you to the US in advance!

Pete
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Aww thanks Pete
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary