Reload this Page >

Newbie - Looking to move to Benidorm 2014

Newbie - Looking to move to Benidorm 2014

Old Apr 13th 2014, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

cavanblondediva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie - Looking to move to Benidorm 2014

Hi there

Well, the fact that I've registered with this site, really does make it very real now.

I am a 42 year old single lady, looking to move to the Costa Blanca in the next few months.

I have a history of living and working abroad. Worked for Thomson from 1995-2005 (seasonal), and this included a season in Benidorm. I have also holidayed there over 10 times.

I need information regarding best place to find cheap but cheerful accommodation.

I have been in university for the last 5 years, and now have a Masters in Tourism Management to match up with my practical experience.

If anyone has any information that can help me, then that would be brilliant.

Also, any hints and tips about best place to live; where not to live and where to stay away from; how to go about things when I first arrive in resort; registering with the Spanish system etc.

I know that unemployment in Spain is 27% at the moment, but I am a go-getter and I will make it work....I am a determined person. I will knock on every door if I have to!!!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you

Laura
Old Apr 13th 2014, 5:36 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie - Looking to move to Benidorm 2014

Originally Posted by cavanblondediva
Hi there

Well, the fact that I've registered with this site, really does make it very real now.

I am a 42 year old single lady, looking to move to the Costa Blanca in the next few months.

I have a history of living and working abroad. Worked for Thomson from 1995-2005 (seasonal), and this included a season in Benidorm. I have also holidayed there over 10 times.

I need information regarding best place to find cheap but cheerful accommodation.

I have been in university for the last 5 years, and now have a Masters in Tourism Management to match up with my practical experience.

If anyone has any information that can help me, then that would be brilliant.

Also, any hints and tips about best place to live; where not to live and where to stay away from; how to go about things when I first arrive in resort; registering with the Spanish system etc.

I know that unemployment in Spain is 27% at the moment, but I am a go-getter and I will make it work....I am a determined person. I will knock on every door if I have to!!!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you

Laura
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
You may do better to post again on the Spain forum, where there are plenty of folk who can help and advise. This is a section just for worldwide introductions and your thread will get swallowed up by the following ones.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 1:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura, and welcome to BE

I see you've found your way to our Spanish forum - hopefully the members there can help with the search. Good luck with the move
Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Laura, and welcome to BE

I see you've found your way to our Spanish forum - hopefully the members there can help with the search. Good luck with the move
Thank you, I hope so
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi and welcome to the forum
Thank you for the welcome, I hope I get the right advice. I'm really looking forward to communicating with people, and hopefully learn something along the way.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Hi there

I have another couple of questions for you all...

I have a small dog. How much does it cost to fly him over...how does it work...etc.

Also can you recommend a good pet insurance co in Spain. I have Allianz over here in Ireland, but they don't do cover for abroad.

One more question, are there kennels around the Costa, and what kind of prices do they charge?

Sorry about the inquisition!!! Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cavanblondediva
Hi there

I have another couple of questions for you all...

I have a small dog. How much does it cost to fly him over...how does it work...etc.

Also can you recommend a good pet insurance co in Spain. I have Allianz over here in Ireland, but they don't do cover for abroad.

One more question, are there kennels around the Costa, and what kind of prices do they charge?

Sorry about the inquisition!!! Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
I think these questions would be best asked and answered in the main Spanish section - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75