Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie - Intro - Canberra Bound!

Newbie - Intro - Canberra Bound!

Old Nov 20th 2010, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

tomandroz is just really nicetomandroz is just really nicetomandroz is just really nicetomandroz is just really nicetomandroz is just really nicetomandroz is just really nicetomandroz is just really nicetomandroz is just really nice
Default Newbie - Intro - Canberra Bound!

Hi,

I thought I should spend a few minutes introducing myself, I am 33 with a wife, and a 16 month old daughter. We have just been given the news that our 457 visa has been approved, and in record time, just 16 days!

We are of course delighted, and now busy planning for the biggest move of our life! we are bound for Canberra, and I would hope to be on a plane within six weeks.

I look forward to hearing and learning more along the way.

Regards,

TomandRoz
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

scotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie - Intro

Congratulations on your great news!

Wishing you all lots of luck for your new life ahead!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Hi and congratulations! Good luck with your new life!
Old Nov 21st 2010, 12:27 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Tomandroz

Welcome to BE

I see you have found the Australia forum. There are some lovely people who post in the Australia forums, I’m sure you will enjoy getting to know them. I have redirected your post as an introduction in the Welcome Inn forum, to allow everyone to get to know you a little better.

If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to give me a shout, you can find my contact details here.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomandroz
Hi,

I thought I should spend a few minutes introducing myself, I am 33 with a wife, and a 16 month old daughter. We have just been given the news that our 457 visa has been approved, and in record time, just 16 days!

We are of course delighted, and now busy planning for the biggest move of our life! we are bound for Canberra, and I would hope to be on a plane within six weeks.

I look forward to hearing and learning more along the way.

Regards,

TomandRoz
Hello and a very warm BE welcome.

No doubt you'll find the next few weeks to be a roller coaster of emotions...don't worry because most of us have been there and done that...we can offer a shoulder to cry on and help with advice.

We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums....they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Alistairboyle and Kelli28 are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact them.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Centurion.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 21st 2010 at 1:53 am.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie - Intro - Canberra Bound!

Good luck. Place to start is www.allhomes.com.au pretty much comprehensive for rentals these days and ditto for homes for sale. There are a few suburbs to avoid like Charnwood, Narrabundah (Southern side), Richardson and a few surrounding Tuggeranong suburbs for starters but I am sure you will go and look closely before you make a decision.

Just a heads up, you will want to get your permanent residence before your little tacker hits 5 or you could be up for school fees in ACT and they can be hugely steep if your occupation is not on the most wanted list.

Canberra is looking its best these days (so I am led to believe, I am on holiday in UK at the moment) as we have had a load of rain (thank heavens!!!) and everything is pretty lush green at the mo and you will be arriving in time for the summer weather.

If we can help in any way please do ask, some of us have lived there for decades!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:27 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom and Roz

Welcome to BE from me too.
Go with the flow and enjoy every moment !

Dread - x
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Faircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really nice

Originally Posted by quoll
Good luck. Place to start is www.allhomes.com.au pretty much comprehensive for rentals these days and ditto for homes for sale. There are a few suburbs to avoid like Charnwood, Narrabundah (Southern side), Richardson and a few surrounding Tuggeranong suburbs for starters but I am sure you will go and look closely before you make a decision.

Just a heads up, you will want to get your permanent residence before your little tacker hits 5 or you could be up for school fees in ACT and they can be hugely steep if your occupation is not on the most wanted list.

Canberra is looking its best these days (so I am led to believe, I am on holiday in UK at the moment) as we have had a load of rain (thank heavens!!!) and everything is pretty lush green at the mo and you will be arriving in time for the summer weather.

If we can help in any way please do ask, some of us have lived there for decades!

Quoll is a wealth of knowledge and would advice you to take her up on her offer!!! It is looking beautiful here at the moment and the weather over the last couple of weeks has been good. We have been here for just over a year and have settled well. Quoll said about the state school payment and it is expensive apparently (so I've been told) it is cheaper to pay for private! Anyway if I can be of any help please feel free to PM me!