Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie here - Ecuador

Newbie here - Ecuador

Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

MattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newbie here - Ecuador

Good evening ladies and gents all assembled (and those sleeping or working). I thought I would introduce myself and then hop across to the appropriate thread for finding out more information about moving aboard.

I'm a 25 year old university student who's just finished his first year studying sport management at University of Glamorgan. I'm in a relationship with an Ecuadorian woman and I'd like to move over there after I complete my studies. We've been together for about 3 years now. I have lived abroad before; my parents lived in Saudi Arabia and I was briefly schooled out there before being sent to a boarding school here in the UK. I would spend my holidays in Saudi and term time in the UK. I was out there a little before Gulf War 1, evacuated when it all kicked off and then we returned in early 1992 (I think) and we left in 2001. I'm a huge sports fan, my favourites are cricket, hockey, badminton and football. I also enjoy history and photography, but I'm not very good at either of them. If there is any more information that I can give, just feel free to ask.

One last thing, this is being started at a rather odd time because of my job. I work at a hotel on the waiting and bar staff, so this summer I am keeping odd hours.

Many thanks
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:11 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie here

Hi Mattie

Great to see that you have found your way to our Central and South American forum where you can chat with other expats living and working in that area of the world.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and all the very best with both your uni course and your planned move to a much warmer part of the world.

Dread - x
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:31 am
Just Joined

MattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond reputeMattieC86 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dread,

Thanks for the welcome. I certainly am looking forward to getting to know you guys here, and I will admit that I am nervous about moving abroad. But it's something I have wanted to do for years now and Monica has given me a great chance to do just that.

Matt x
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:22 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:12 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mattie, welcome to the forum. That sounds like an exciting life you have planned. Hope everything goes well for you
Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Newbie here - Ecuador

Many thanks for that guys. The extra info was great and it's always nice to find a few friendly faces early on