Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie to Forum - San Antonio, TX

Newbie to Forum - San Antonio, TX

Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:21 pm

RL289 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie to Forum - San Antonio, TX

Hi everyone - I'm Lynn and new to the Forum. Myself and hubby are from London originally but lived over 20 years in Kent and a couple in Hampshire. We left the UK end of January to start a new life in the US and have settled in San Antonio, been here since late February.

Happy to hear from any of you already here, whether in San Antonio or elsewhere.

Hope you have a good day.

Regards

Lynn
Old Jul 14th 2011, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie to Forum

Hello Lynn...welcome to BE.

We have quite a few members living in Texas and some live in the SA area. I see you've done the smart thing and joined in the SA thread in the Meet-Ups Forum. Hopefully you guys will be able to get together and support each other.

Do take a look at the other US Forums...not only are they a great source of information and support...but we have plenty of laughs too.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 3:40 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie to Forum - San Antonio, TX

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to BE. I'm not in Texas I'm in NC, but I wanted to pop by and say hi. Jerserygirl is spot on, we've got quite a few members in Texas so I'm sure you can connect with people living near you.

Are you enjoying San Antonio?
Old Jul 17th 2011, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to BE! We went to San Antonio for a long weekend years ago. It's a very unique city, I loved the River Walk and believe they decorate it beautifully for the holidays. I hope you enjoy Texas and look forward to getting to know you.

Kaffy
Old Jul 19th 2011, 2:24 pm

RL289 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jerseygirl, Sue and Kaffy - thanks for the welcome to BE and for introducing yourselves.

Jerseygirl - thanks for the information, I thought joining the SA thread on Meet-ups might be useful, nothing yet but early days.

Sue - San Antonio is nice, still getting used to things and when you first get over here you seem to spend so much time just getting things sorted out, hopefully there now. How's NC?

Kaffy - Yes it is unique and we both love the River Walk, there always seems to be something going on in the city, unfortunately we haven't had much time so far to do too much, but starting to rectify that.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Have a great day.

Kind regards
Lynn