Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New and Thinking of moving Family to the Cayman Islands...Do we go?

New and Thinking of moving Family to the Cayman Islands...Do we go?

Old Jan 6th 2011, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Becky B00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New and Thinking of moving Family to the Cayman Islands...Do we go?

Hi

This is all totally new to me but I am hoping to gain some advice on moving abroad.

My husband has the opportunity of a job in the Cayman Islands, it is all very tempting but we will be leaving a comfy country lifestyle back in blighty, albeit a bit wet and tax squeezed. However Cayman looks as though it offers a lovely lifestyle too and my 3 children would get the chance of a great school. We have both lived abroad but this was prior to having children and is an incomparable experience.

Is moving abroad with children all it is cracked up to be?

Just noticed title error, and I cant correct it - cringe!

Last edited by Becky B00; Jan 6th 2011 at 11:45 am.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 11:49 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New and Thinking of moving Family to the Caymen Islands...Do we go?

Hi Becky and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including the Caribbean can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Have a look in the Caribbean section and maybe post your enquiry there:http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Thanks for starting in the Welcome Inn.

Enjoy B.E.

Alistair.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Jan 6th 2011 at 12:19 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 12:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New and Thinking of moving Family to the Caymen Islands...Do we go?

Originally Posted by Becky B00
Hi

This is all totally new to me but I am hoping to gain some advice on moving abroad.

My husband has the opportunity of a job in the Cayman Islands, it is all very tempting but we will be leaving a comfy country lifestyle back in blighty, albeit a bit wet and tax squeezed. However Cayman looks as though it offers a lovely lifestyle too and my 3 children would get the chance of a great school. We have both lived abroad but this was prior to having children and is an incomparable experience.

Is moving abroad with children all it is cracked up to be?

Just noticed title error, and I cant correct it - cringe!

Hello Becky...welcome to BE.

I have edited the title for you. AlistairBoyle has given you the link to our Caribbean forum...I see you have already taken the bull by the horns and started posting.

We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. Pgtips is the concierge for the Carribean forum...she will be pleased to help you.

If you have any problems or complaints please contact a moderator. The mods for the Carribean forum are Sue and Mitzyboy.

I hope you enjoy your time with us...welcome once again.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 1:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New and Thinking of moving Family to the Cayman Islands...Do we go?

Welcome to the forum Becky, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. We have a small, but growing group of members who have lived, or are living in the Cayman Islands and I am sure someone will be able to help answer your questions soon.

In the meantime take some time to find your way around the site and don't forget there are plenty of us around if you have questions.

Regards

Sue

PS I've fixed the thread title for you