Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

new to Raleigh NC!!

new to Raleigh NC!!

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

gabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nice
Default new to Raleigh NC!!

Hi all,
We have just arrived from the UK and going to be living in Cary, Raleigh NC.
We are originally from South Africa and Zimbabwe and have lived in the UK for the last 23 years.
We have a 16 year old son, Nick.
Is there anywhere to play cricket, watch rugby and meet like minded people??
We'd like to hear from you!
Gabi and Jim (Schneeberger)
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:27 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to Raleigh NC!!

Hi Gabi and Jim and welcome to B.E.

I just hope that NC stands for North Carolina as I am going to suggest that you repost in the USA forum here. That's not to say that you weren't correct to post here first. It's where we look for new members.

Any problems finding your way around the site, you can contact me here

I'm sure the folk from the USA forum will be along soon to assist you further.

Alistair.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:33 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gabiusa
Hi all,
We are originally from South Africa and Zimbabwe and have lived in the UK for the last 23 years.
Hi Guys

I hope you enjoy NC..we were based in Greensboro,NC and my OH was the Rugby coach there so he knows there is definately a rugby club, but not sure about a cricket club though..

Here's the Raleigh rugby club web-site..Have fun..

http://raleighrugby.org/
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gabiusa
Hi all,
He Gabi and Jim...welcome to BE.

We have quite a few members posting in the US forums who live in NC...I'm sure they...as well as the rest of the members who frequent our US members will make you feel at home.

We have a team of concierges who as their name suggests, will help you navigate your way around the forums if you need help. You can find their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if you need an help.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:29 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum..I would love to see you explain the rules of cricket to Americans. It would be like them explaining the rules of American football ,but using another language.

Any how; good luck with your plans.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

gabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nicegabiusa is just really nice

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hi Gabi and Jim and welcome to B.E.

I just hope that NC stands for North Carolina as I am going to suggest that you repost in the USA forum here. That's not to say that you weren't correct to post here first. It's where we look for new members.

Any problems finding your way around the site, you can contact me here

I'm sure the folk from the USA forum will be along soon to assist you further.

Alistair.
Hi A,
Thanks for that, I posted on USA forum as suggested though not sure whether in the right place. Anyway will see what transpires!
Best regards,
Gabi
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:56 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gabi and Jim

Welcome to BE.
All the best in your new place.
We also have a forum especially for teenagers so your 16 year old may find it fun to post on there. You will find it further down on the forums index page. It may be a good way for him to make some new friends.

Good luck

Dread - x