Reload this Page >

New to this... NZ to Aus

New to this... NZ to Aus

Old Oct 24th 2011, 6:17 am
UK to NZ to OZ

sarahinnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to this... NZ to Aus

Hi

I am a expat that has been living in NZ for the last 6yrs but am now looking to move my family over the ditch to Australia.
Just thought i would say Hi and hopefully meet some new friends that have recently moved to OZ for any advice and help I might need in the near future.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 11:44 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this...

Originally Posted by sarahinnz
Hi

I am a expat that has been living in NZ for the last 6yrs but am now looking to move my family over the ditch to Australia.
Just thought i would say Hi and hopefully meet some new friends that have recently moved to OZ for any advice and help I might need in the near future.
Hi Sarahinnz and welcome to B.E.

I see that you have found your way around so I'll just say welcome to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including New Zealand and Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Enjoy B.E.

Alistair.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this... NZ to Aus

Hi

Hello Sara...welcome to BE.

Have you noticed the Australia 'meet-ups' forum? There are meet-up groups in many areas...it's a great way to meet people and make new friends.

Kelli28, Sherlock Holmes and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli, Sherlock Holmes or newjersey.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require help with anything.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Crookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Hello Sarah - have just done the same thing. Was in Wellington for less than 5 years but now in Brisbane. When are you coming and where to?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:58 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE. Lots of good folks in the Aussie forums. Enjoy
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:05 am
UK to NZ to OZ

sarahinnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crookie
Hello Sarah - have just done the same thing. Was in Wellington for less than 5 years but now in Brisbane. When are you coming and where to?
Hi there
We are moving from Christchurch and originally looking at Brisbane but my husband may have a job opportunity in Perth. I am hoping we are over by end of Jan/start feb for the new school term but all depends on house sale and job confirmation. Just keeping my fingers crossed, did you ship anything and if so, do you recommend the company you used or does anyone have any recommendations?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Crookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
We are moving from Christchurch and originally looking at Brisbane but my husband may have a job opportunity in Perth. I am hoping we are over by end of Jan/start feb for the new school term but all depends on house sale and job confirmation. Just keeping my fingers crossed, did you ship anything and if so, do you recommend the company you used or does anyone have any recommendations?
We shipped everything but it was part of a relocation package. We also shipped a 4WD (originally a Japanese import to NZ) - don't do it! it was very problematic. I would not recommend the company we used sorry....but its likely you will have limited choice. After the Rena disaster for sure its a good idea to have insurance whoever you use - good luck!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Kiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crookie
We shipped everything but it was part of a relocation package. We also shipped a 4WD (originally a Japanese import to NZ) - don't do it! it was very problematic. I would not recommend the company we used sorry....but its likely you will have limited choice. After the Rena disaster for sure its a good idea to have insurance whoever you use - good luck!
Hi Sarah, we're in Christchurch too and thinking of doing the same thing. We lived in Melbourne for 13 years until 2009 then moved to ChCh (oh well). Given recent events we're thinking of heading back, depending on what happens with our house. I've never lived in Brisbane, but if you want any general info on Oz, feel free to shout out.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 2:40 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary