Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New member - Whistler moving to Vancouver (maybe)

New member - Whistler moving to Vancouver (maybe)

Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

paulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nice
Default New member - Whistler moving to Vancouver (maybe)

Been up in the Whistler bubble for a few years, working on the ski hill.

New to the forum thanks to a google search about the driving licence in BC. What a great resource here!

Taking over as the boss at Cypress Ski Club in the city, so while skiing is in the future my time behind a desk is catching up to me.

Any skiers in the Whistler / Vancouver area as britishexpats members?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:28 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member - Whistler moving to Vancouver (maybe)

Hi Paul and weclome to B.E. It's my job to say hello (as I'm Australia I don't know to much about Canada!)

I expect you've seen the Canada forum. You might want to repost your enquiry in the main Canada forum as not all members look in the Welcome Inn. However, that's not to say we don't like first posts in here. We do! It gives us a chance to spot your thread and say hello.

Any questions about the site, you can ask me

I'm sure others will be along to welcome you soon and give you more contact details.

Alistair.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

paulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nice

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hi Paul and weclome to B.E. It's my job to say hello (as I'm Australia I don't know to much about Canada!)

I expect you've seen the Canada forum. You might want to repost your enquiry in the main Canada forum as not all members look in the Welcome Inn. However, that's not to say we don't like first posts in here. We do! It gives us a chance to spot your thread and say hello.

Any questions about the site, you can ask me

I'm sure others will be along to welcome you soon and give you more contact details.

Alistair.
I put a post in there as well thanks. i just got off the skype phone with my aussie better half. She should be out here in Canada in a month or 2.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulhothersall
Been up in the Whistler bubble for a few years, working on the ski hill.

New to the forum thanks to a google search about the driving licence in BC. What a great resource here!

Taking over as the boss at Cypress Ski Club in the city, so while skiing is in the future my time behind a desk is catching up to me.

Any skiers in the Whistler / Vancouver area as britishexpats members?

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. Any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...many from the BC area...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:24 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

G'day, welcome to BE.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:40 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul and Mat

Welcome to BE both of you.
Hope you enjoy being part of our little community.

Dread - x
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:25 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm think the post above may be a bit SPAMMMMY!!!

anyway Hi Paul - me and family moved to Van in Dec 08 - we use Mt Seymour as it is our nearest (and cheapest!) but kids have been up Cypress with friends dad who is a volunteer in the ski Patrol.

Where will you be living- as there are a few of us that meet up for drinks etc. . .as well as skiing `
Although I may not let hubby and son board this year -1 broken collar bone and one fractured wrist !!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Hmm think the post above may be a bit SPAMMMMY!!!

anyway Hi Paul - me and family moved to Van in Dec 08 - we use Mt Seymour as it is our nearest (and cheapest!) but kids have been up Cypress with friends dad who is a volunteer in the ski Patrol.

Where will you be living- as there are a few of us that meet up for drinks etc. . .as well as skiing `
Although I may not let hubby and son board this year -1 broken collar bone and one fractured wrist !!
Sorry about any spam!

Anyhow, I am living in my place in whistler still right now. I am looking at several places on the north shore. I am thinking somewhere near Lonsdale, but price is the main factor as I still have mortgage/bills to pay on my place in Whistler.

It depends what my girlfriend wants (and if she gets a work permit), as she is still in Australia working for another month.