Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

new member - very confused :-)

new member - very confused :-)

Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

dani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant futuredani5 has a brilliant future
Default new member - very confused :-)

Hi everyone!

so pleased to have joined this site and hoping to meet people in the same situation going through the process of applying for an australian visa!

my partner (plasterer) and i (registered children's nurse) are at the very start of our application process. we are hoping to go for the 175 visa and have done lots and lots of research. no matter how much you read, it doesn't seem any clearer!
i have my IELTS academic on saturday so i can then have my skills assessed with ANMAC and my partner is getting his documents together to have his skills assessed with TRA.

is anyone at the same stage of the process or already been through it all and can offer advice?

i am slightly worried as i have only been qualified as a nurse for a year so ANMAC request 5 years of employment history where i will only be able to provide 1 but i'm guessing this is fine.. it just seems a bit mind boggling with all the paperwork they request and getting copies certified etc.

anyway would love to chat to people in the same boat!! thanks in advance!
Old Sep 19th 2011, 1:31 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new member - very confused :-)

Originally Posted by dani5
Hi everyone!

so pleased to have joined this site and hoping to meet people in the same situation going through the process of applying for an australian visa!

my partner (plasterer) and i (registered children's nurse) are at the very start of our application process. we are hoping to go for the 175 visa and have done lots and lots of research. no matter how much you read, it doesn't seem any clearer!
i have my IELTS academic on saturday so i can then have my skills assessed with ANMAC and my partner is getting his documents together to have his skills assessed with TRA.

is anyone at the same stage of the process or already been through it all and can offer advice?

i am slightly worried as i have only been qualified as a nurse for a year so ANMAC request 5 years of employment history where i will only be able to provide 1 but i'm guessing this is fine.. it just seems a bit mind boggling with all the paperwork they request and getting copies certified etc.

Hi Dani5 and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site. You can contact me here.

I might suggest that you repost your thread in the main Australia immi forum here, thats not to say that you have posted in the wrong place; quite the reverse, it helps us to find new members if they post first in the Welcome Inn.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

You certainly aren't the first person to be confused by the immigration detail. I can remember my first visit to http://www.immi.gov.au/ and going round and round in circles, ending back the home page!

Any problems finding your way around B.E., dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 6:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 19th 2011, 9:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey welcome to BE
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:27 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dani

Welcome to BE.
I am in no doubt that once you pop on over to the Australia forum, you will find lots of information to help you in the grotty old visa process - as well as a lot of new friends to ofer good tips and advice to reduce the stress of the process.
Which just leaves me to say, don't stress, go for it, and good luck with your move

Dread - x
Old Sep 20th 2011, 1:36 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Hello Dani,

Sherlock has you linked up and pointed in the right directions, and as dreadsoc said, I'm sure you will find lots of info. to help you as you obtain your visas, as well as a lot of new friends who have been through it all before.

But as I went over to Canada, and not 'down under', I can only bid you welcome, and greetings from Ontario!

With every good wish,
Chris
Old Sep 20th 2011, 2:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Hey dani...I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to BE.

Kelli, Sherlock Holmes and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli, Alistair or newjersey

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 20th 2011 at 2:57 am.